This spring quinoa salad combines quinoa with roasted asparagus and radishes, contemporary parsley and pistachios all tossed in a easy lemon dressing. It’s contemporary, flavorful and ideal for meal prep. Vegan + gluten-free.
My newest salad obsession is right here! It’s a quinoa salad loaded with all issues spring — garlic, scallions, asparagus, parsley and the prettiest of radishes.
I do know you’re going to like this salad! I’ve made it twice already and Isaac and I are hooked on its strong taste. I critically received’t be shocked if I find yourself making it once more this week. We DO have asparagus within the fridge proper now.
Why I Love This Recipe
- It has all of the elements of an excellent meal-sized salad… protein, good carbs, wholesome fat, veggies and satisfaction issue!
- It’s gentle, flavorful and jam-packed with tons of contemporary veggies and herbs!
- Fast and straightforward to whip up – you solely want 10 components (plus seasonings) and one bowl!
- It holds up effectively within the fridge so it’s the right meal prep recipe. Prep this over the weekend and have lunch able to go for all the week!
- quinoa – the right base for this salad! Quinoa is an efficient supply of protein, excessive in fiber, wealthy in nutritional vitamins and minerals and naturally gluten-free. It’s additionally a whole protein, which suggests it has all 9 important amino acids together with lysine… a uncommon discover in the case of plant-based meals. By way of quinoa manufacturers, Historic Harvest natural quinoa has all the time been my go-to. Be happy to make use of any sort of quinoa you want from white, black, purple to tri-color. Any selection will work for this recipe.
- asparagus and radishes – provides taste and an awesome texture to the salad.
- olive oil, contemporary lemon juice, garlic, maple syrup, sea salt, and purple pepper flakes – as an alternative of an elaborate dressing, we’re utilizing these six components so as to add a light-weight and refreshing taste to the salad. Avocado oil and honey would work as substitutes.
- parsley and scallions – so as to add freshness and brighten the flavour.
- pistachios – the pistachios add a pleasant crunch and a few wholesome fat!
Easy methods to Make
Cook dinner quinoa: Comply with the instructions on the again of the bundle to cook dinner the quinoa (you may as well observe my full tutorial on learn how to cook dinner quinoa) till it has softened. Take away from warmth, fluff and let cool. I often wish to make the quinoa for this salad a day prematurely and retailer it within the fridge till I’m able to assemble the salad. Prepping it prematurely is simply so the quinoa doesn’t warmth up the opposite salad components. In fact it’s advantageous to cook dinner it the identical day and simply let it cool earlier than utilizing it. I do that on a regular basis once I’m in a rush!
Roast veggies: In a medium bowl combine asparagus and radishes with olive oil and unfold in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place baking sheet in a 400°F preheated oven and cook dinner greens for 15-20 minutes or till they’ve reached your required texture. In case your asparagus spears are actually skinny, they could should be taken out of the oven a bit sooner than the radishes.
Mix components: As soon as roasted, take away the veggies from the oven and permit to chill for 20 minutes. In a big salad bowl, whisk collectively lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, maple syrup, sea salt and purple pepper flakes. Add the asparagus, radishes, quinoa, parsley and scallions to the bowl and toss effectively to mix. Portion into bowls and prime with pistachios earlier than serving. Take pleasure in!
Notes and Substitutions
Protein – The quinoa provides an excellent quantity of plant-based protein to this salad however, you might all the time add extra protein by including a can of beans (chickpeas or any white bean can be scrumptious) or including in some chopped grilled rooster. This apple cider vinegar rooster or air fryer rooster breast can be yummy.
Combine-ins – Be happy to change up your mix-ins for this quinoa salad… I typically do! Typically I modify up the veggies based mostly on what I’ve readily available (I really like utilizing broccoli and peas) and add further contemporary herbs like contemporary dill or mint (so good!). Be happy to get inventive and make this salad your individual!
Toppings – When serving this salad be at liberty so as to add your required topping. Listed below are some concepts: avocado, feta cheese, goat cheese, almonds and hemp seeds.
What to Serve with Spring Quinoa Salad
Truthfully, this salad pairs effectively with absolutely anything! It’s scrumptious and filling by itself, but it surely’s additionally the right facet for cookouts and potlucks. Listed below are some pairing concepts:
- Grilled Curry Rooster – searching for slightly further taste? Do that curry rooster recipe.
- Blackened Salmon – the creamy and refreshing quinoa salad is the right solution to steadiness out the spice from the salmon.
- The Greatest Tempeh Veggie Burger – make these scrumptious vegan burgers as your most important and serve this salad alongside it!
- Baked Falafel – as a result of this quinoa salad jogs my memory of tabbouleh and has Mediterranean vibes, I believe it will be scrumptious paired with do-it-yourself falafel and creamy hummus.
Easy methods to Retailer
This spring quinoa salad shops tremendous effectively and is nice for meal prep! I really like meal prepping this salad for lunches all through the week! It shops so effectively and even tastes higher the subsequent day because the components have time to take in extra of the flavors. To retailer, place leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
Extra Quinoa Recipes to Attempt
Extra Salad Recipes to Attempt
You’ll want to take a look at all of my quinoa recipes in addition to the complete assortment of salad recipes on EBF!
Spring Quinoa Salad
This spring quinoa salad combines quinoa with roasted asparagus and radishes, contemporary parsley and pistachios all tossed in a easy lemon dressing. It is contemporary, flavorful and ideal for meal prep. Vegan + gluten-free.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 lb. contemporary asparagus, trimmed and chopped into 1 inch items
- 1 bunch of radishes, quartered
- ¼ cup olive oil + 2 teaspoons
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of crushed purple pepper flakes
- ⅕ cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 5 scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios, chopped
Set oven to 400° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Comply with the instructions on the again of the bundle. Take away from warmth and let cool. This step may be performed forward of time.
In a medium bowl combine asparagus and radishes with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and unfold in a single layer on ready baking sheet. Cook dinner greens for 15-20 minutes or till the greens have reached your required texture. In case your asparagus spears are actually skinny, they could should be taken out of the oven a bit sooner than the radishes.
As soon as roasted, take away the veggies from the oven and permit to chill for 20 minutes.
In a big salad bowl, whisk collectively lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, maple syrup, sea salt and purple pepper flakes.
Add the asparagus, radishes, quinoa, parsley, scallions to the bowl with the dressing and toss effectively to mix.
Portion into bowls and prime with pistachios. Take pleasure in!
Serving: 1/4 recipe Energy: 367kcal Carbohydrates: 42g Protein: 10g Fats: 20g Saturated Fats: 2g Polyunsaturated Fats: 4g Monounsaturated Fats: 11g Sodium: 588mg Potassium: 639mg Fiber: 6g Sugar: 9g
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please go away a remark and star ranking on this submit and share on social media utilizing the hashtag #eatingbirdfood. I really like seeing your recipe shares!
This submit could embrace affiliate hyperlinks. Thanks to your assist.