This protein chia pudding packs in about 20 grams of protein and has solely 3 grams of sugar per serving. It’s really easy to whip up and is the right wholesome breakfast or snack to meal prep for the week.
I’m at all times on the lookout for simple methods to extend the quantity of protein in my weight loss program so at some point I added vanilla protein powder to my 4-ingredient chia pudding and the tip end result was this protein chia pudding recipe!
Identical to all of my chia pudding recipes this one is tremendous simple to whip up and excellent for meal prep, nevertheless it’s filled with about 20 grams of protein to maintain you full and glad longer!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Tremendous simple to whip up and requires solely 4 primary elements.
- Filled with 19 grams of protein, fiber and omega-3 fatty acids!
- Nice for meal prep!
- Good for breakfast or a post-workout snack.
Chia Seed Well being Advantages
Chia seeds are highly effective little seeds! If you add them to liquid, they soak up the liquid and type a gel-like consistency.
Why are they so wholesome? For starters, they’re an awesome supply of omega 3 fatty acids, which assist scale back irritation and have been linked to a decrease threat of continual ailments. They’re a very good supply of antioxidants, plant-based protein and fiber! Be taught extra right here: well being advantages of chia seeds.
- vanilla protein powder – my favourite protein powder is Nuzest. It’s a vegan protein powder that has easy elements and tastes nice! Use code eatingbirdfood for 15% off your order!
- almond milk – I like to make use of unsweetened almond milk, however be at liberty to make use of one other non-dairy milk like oat milk, cashew milk or coconut milk for a creamier texture! You can even use dairy milk if that’s what you favor.
- chia seeds – each black and white chia seeds work for this recipe. Make sure that your chia seeds are recent or they might not soak up the liquid as effectively and your chia pudding gained’t prove. My favourite manufacturers of chia seeds are Navitas and Bob’s Purple Mill.
- maple syrup – my private favourite for this recipe, however you can additionally use honey, agave or any sugar substitutes like stevia or monk fruit for a low sugar choice.
- Greek yogurt – for a creamy and scrumptious non-compulsory topping with an addition increase of protein. I favor full fats complete milk Greek yogurt, however be at liberty to make use of your favourite number of yogurt!
- toppings – be at liberty to get inventive right here, however my go-to toppings are recent berries, granola and nut butter.
Learn how to Make
In a bowl or mason jar, whisk collectively almond milk and protein powder till protein powder has dissolved. Should you’re utilizing a mason jar, you possibly can put the lid on and shake the combination to mix.
Add chia seeds, maple syrup and vanilla. Stir or shake combination till effectively mixed. As soon as the chia pudding combination is effectively mixed, let it sit for five minutes, give it one other stir/shake to interrupt up any clumps of chia seeds.
Cowl and put the combination within the fridge to “set” for 1-2 hours or in a single day. The chia pudding ought to be good and thick, not liquidy.
When able to serve, portion chia pudding into two glasses and high with ¼ cup Greek yogurt every, recent berries, granola and nut butter or desired toppings.
Why Add Protein?
Protein is just like the superhero of vitamins. It’s the muscle-building powerhouse that helps restore and develop tissue in our our bodies. So, whenever you add protein to your chia pudding, you’re principally turning it right into a muscle-building, energy-boosting breakfast of champions!
Chia seeds are already an awesome supply of protein, however including protein powder takes chia pudding to the following stage. Plus, there are such a lot of scrumptious protein powder flavors on the market (like strawberry, chocolate, cookies and cream, and so forth.) so you possibly can flip your chia pudding right into a flavorful deal with.
And let’s not overlook in regards to the satisfaction issue. Protein retains you feeling full and glad for longer, which suggests you gained’t be reaching for the snacks by mid-morning.
Chia Pudding Topping Concepts
As soon as the chia pudding has set, you’re prepared for the very best half… the toppings! The bottom recipe undoubtedly makes a distinction, however the toppings are the place it’s at. Listed below are my go-to toppings:
- Contemporary berries: Add a pop of coloration and taste to your chia pudding with a handful of recent berries like strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or blackberries.
- Different fruit: Don’t cease with berries! Add another fruit you prefer to the highest of your chia pudding. I really like including sliced bananas, peaches or mangos however any fruit works!
- Nut butter: Drizzle some creamy nut butter like almond butter, peanut butter or cashew butter on high of your chia pudding for a deliciously wealthy and satisfying style. Use tahini or sunflower seed butter for a nut-free choice.
- Granola: Add additional crunch and taste with granola. Strive my hemp granola for one thing new and totally different.
- Different toppings: Shredded coconut, cacao powder, chocolate chips, chopped nuts, seeds and/or spices like cinnamon are all nice choices!
Chia Seed Troubleshooting Suggestions
Should you’re having bother getting your protein chia pudding to set or prove accurately, there might be one thing going unsuitable. Listed below are a pair suggestions which may assist!
- Examine your seeds – like I discussed above, older chia seeds won’t soak up liquid as effectively so be sure you have recent seeds! You can even attempt switching manufacturers… I’ve heard complaints from a number of folks that Dealer Joe’s chia seeds don’t soak up as a lot as different manufacturers.
- Stir earlier than letting sit – Earlier than you place your chia pudding within the fridge to arrange, be sure you give it a very good stir! I prefer to stir initially after which a second time about 5-10 minutes in. This breaks up any clumps of seeds or protein powder and makes positive the entire seeds aren’t resting on the underside with the liquid on high!
- Add extra seeds – In case your chia pudding isn’t thick sufficient, you possibly can add extra chia seeds and let it sit a bit longer!
- Add extra milk – Some manufacturers of chia seeds soak up extra liquid than others so relying on the model you utilize you may want so as to add a bit extra liquid to your pudding if it’s too thick.
- Strive totally different milk – In order for you a thicker chia pudding, attempt a thicker milk! Full-fat canned coconut milk ends in an extremely thick and creamy pudding.
- Don’t like the feel? Strive mixing it in a high-powered blender! As soon as blended the combination will likely be easy and creamy like conventional pudding. I do that with my chocolate chia pudding and it’s wonderful!
Learn how to Retailer
Chia pudding is an superior meal-prep choice as a result of it may be saved for as much as 5-7 days in an hermetic container within the fridge. I prefer to make and retailer chia pudding in 16 ounce broad mouth mason jars. Make a batch on Sunday to have within the fridge for a fast breakfast, wholesome snack and even dessert all through the week.
Extra Chia Pudding Recipes
Extra Protein Packed Recipes
Serving: 1/2 with out toppings | Energy: 243kcal | Protein: 19g | Fats: 14g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 6g | Monounsaturated Fats: 2g | Sodium: 299mg | Potassium: 288mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g
Vitamin info is robotically calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.