This strawberry cheesecake smoothie is thick, creamy and requires solely 5 easy components. It tastes like dessert however is loaded with wholesome components and over 20 grams of protein!
Whoever mentioned you’ll be able to’t have dessert for breakfast clearly by no means tried a protein-packed smoothie that tastes like dessert. Cue this strawberry cheesecake smoothie.
It has all of the creamy, decadent flavors of a slice of strawberry cheesecake, however in smoothie kind that’s full of over 20 grams of protein. It’s excellent for a fast and simple breakfast possibility or makes for an superior mid-afternoon snack or post-workout deal with. Regardless of the time of day, your style buds will thanks for making this smoothie!
Why You’ll Love This Smoothie
- Tastes like dessert: Benefit from the creamy and candy flavors of a basic strawberry cheesecake in a more healthy, sip-able kind.
- Nutrient-rich: Regardless of its dessert-like style, this smoothie packs a wholesome punch with protein, fiber and important nutritional vitamins.
- Fast and simple: You solely want 5 easy components and some minutes to whip up this indulgent but nourishing smoothie, which is ideal for an on-the-go breakfast or post-workout deal with.
- Customizable: Be at liberty to mess around with totally different components or toppings based mostly in your dietary wants and taste preferences.
Dessert For Breakfast
The magic of this smoothie is that it tastes similar to strawberry cheesecake – it’s wealthy, creamy, and has simply the correct quantity of sweetness. Nonetheless, in contrast to a typical slice of cheesecake that’s loaded with sugar and fats, this smoothie is full of protein and wholesome, nutritious components making it a superb selection for breakfast.
With components like protein powder (or Greek yogurt), fiber-packed strawberries and medjool dates and heart-healthy almond milk, you’re getting a wealth of vitamins very first thing within the morning. To not point out, the cream cheese affords a pleasant dose of calcium and added protein.
So sure, you’ll be able to completely have your ‘cheesecake’ and eat it too! This smoothie lets you indulge your candy tooth in a method that’s each satisfying and wholesome. Whether or not you’re dashing off to work, fueling up for a exercise, or on the lookout for a straightforward, but fulfilling breakfast, this strawberry cheesecake smoothie is a good way to start out your day!
- almond milk – the liquid base of the smoothie. I like utilizing unsweetened almond milk so I can management the quantity of sugar in my smoothie.
- frozen strawberries – the star of this recipe! Frozen strawberries assist to thicken and chill this smoothie.
- vanilla protein powder – provides a giant protein increase and provides this smoothie its dessert-like style. I personally love Nuzest protein powder. It’s plant-based, has minimal components and tastes scrumptious. (Use code eatingbirdfood for 15% off your order). That mentioned, be at liberty to make use of your favourite model of protein powder.
- cream cheese – what offers this smoothie its distinctive, wealthy cheesecake taste.
- medjool date – for a touch of pure sweetness I added a medjool date which paired completely with the remainder of the components.
- toppings – these are utterly elective, however I added crushed graham crackers, contemporary strawberries and coconut whipped cream.
The best way to Make
Add all of the components, aside from any toppings right into a high-speed blender like a Vitamix and mix till easy.
Pour the smoothie right into a glass and high with strawberries, graham cracker crumbs and whipped cream (common or coconut), if desired. Get pleasure from!
Substitutions & Variations
- Milk: Substitute the almond milk together with your favourite sort of milk – cow’s milk, soy milk, oat milk, coconut milk, cashew milk, and many others.
- Vegan: When you want this smoothie to be vegan use a dairy-free cream cheese.
- Sweetener: Be at liberty to skip the medjool date or use your most well-liked sweetener. Honey, maple syrup, monk fruit or stevia are all nice options.
- Frozen fruit: When you solely have contemporary strawberries readily available, you need to use that. You’ll simply wish to add a handful of ice cubes to the smoothie to make it chilly. Additionally, should you don’t have strawberries readily available in any respect, you’ll be able to swap them with different frozen fruit like raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, cherries, peaches, banana or mango.
- Protein: When you’re not a protein powder fan, you’ll be able to swap it for vanilla or plain Greek yogurt or cottage cheese. It’s also possible to attempt my cottage cheese smoothie which tastes like a raspberry cheesecake smoothie. When you’re utilizing plain yogurt or cottage cheese I like to recommend including the sprint of vanilla extract for extra of a dessert-like taste.
- Amp up the vitamin: Add extra vitamin to this smoothie by including a handful of chia seeds, flax seeds or nuts. It’s also possible to add a scoop of nut butter like cashew or almond butter for some extra protein and wholesome fat.
- Add veggies: If you wish to add some veggies to the combo I’d counsel including frozen cauliflower or zucchini. Each will add dietary advantages with out altering the style an excessive amount of. In fact, be at liberty so as to add a handful of greens like spinach, you’ll simply have a inexperienced strawberry cheesecake smoothie!
Extra Smoothie Recipes to Attempt
Place all components right into a excessive velocity blender. Mix till easy.
Pour smoothie right into a glass and high with strawberries, crushed graham crackers and whipped cream. Get pleasure from!
Serving: 1 smoothie w/o toppings | Energy: 429kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 24g | Fats: 13g | Saturated Fats: 6g | Ldl cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 586mg | Potassium: 533mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 35g
Diet data is mechanically calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.