A fast and simple one pot pasta recipe made with mushrooms, spinach, diced tomatoes and spaghetti noodles. It’s flavorful, comforting and cooks up in simply half-hour.
Introducing your new favourite dinner recipe: one pot pasta!
When making pasta I all the time discover myself with 2-3 completely different pots and pans on the range going on the identical time – one to cook dinner the noodles, one to warmth the sauce and one to cook dinner both veggies or a protein to serve alongside the pasta. That’s too many dishes to wash on the finish of the evening if you happen to ask me! Cue this one pot pasta recipe!
As an alternative of cooking every little thing individually we’re cooking the sauce, veggies and noodles collectively in a single pot! The veggies are sautéed first, then you definitely add your marinara sauce and vegetable broth which acts because the liquid you might want to cook dinner your noodles. As soon as your noodles take in among the liquid and soften you’re left with a scrumptious pasta dish that’s able to serve!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This whole dish cooks up in a single pot! Yay for much less dishes!
- It’s jam-packed with veggies!
- It cooks up in lower than half-hour, making it the right meal for these busy weeknights.
- olive oil – for sautéing the onions and garlic.
- garlic and onion – two must-haves for taste!
- mushrooms – I really like the mushrooms on this dish as a result of it not solely provides vitamins, but in addition a pleasant texture and extra substance. I used cremini mushrooms (often known as button mushrooms) on this recipe however be at liberty to make use of your favourite selection as an alternative.
- Italian seasoning – a mix that normally consists of dried herbs like rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano, marjoram, and so on. You’ll find this at your native grocery retailer or make your personal.
- salt and pepper – to deliver all of the flavors collectively.
- diced tomatoes – one 14oz can of diced tomatoes is all you’ll want! Be at liberty to make use of your favourite number of tomatoes. I guess fire-roasted tomatoes could be scrumptious.
- marinara sauce – as an alternative of cooking the pasta sauce individually we’re cooking the noodles immediately within the sauce! I really like Rao’s tomato basil pasta sauce as a result of it’s made with easy, pure components and has no added sugar! That mentioned, be at liberty to make use of your favourite model of store-bought sauce or make home made sauce!
- vegetable broth – when mixed with the pasta sauce it creates the liquid for cooking the spaghetti noodles. I used vegetable broth as an alternative of water as a result of it provides a beautiful taste to the sauce.
- spaghetti – for the pasta we’re utilizing spaghetti noodles.
- spinach – the right leafy inexperienced for this dish.
- contemporary basil – contemporary basil actually elevates the flavors of this dish.
- parmesan – contemporary parmesan is the right garnish for pasta dishes. It provides an amazing savory taste and a few saltiness to this dish. I like to recommend utilizing contemporary parmesan cheese versus utilizing pre-shredded or pre-shaved cheese.
Substitutions & Notes
- Greens: I like the mixture of mushrooms and spinach on this dish, however be at liberty to make use of what you may have available! Zucchini, bell peppers or kale could be good options.
- Pasta: I’ve solely made this dish with spaghetti noodles, however I guess different styles of pasta would work like angel hair pasta, macaroni, penne or rigatoni. Simply word that the cook dinner time will possible be completely different if you happen to use one other number of pasta.
- Gluten-free: I haven’t tried this recipe with gluten-free pasta so I’m undecided how it will prove cooking immediately within the sauce and I’ve a sense it’d end in pasta noodles which can be too mushy. Let me know if you happen to determine to strive a gluten-free various within the feedback beneath!
- Parmesan: You possibly can simply skip the parmesan to make this dish vegan, or higher but, make my vegan parmesan! I’ve additionally been loving the Violife identical to parmesan wedge lately, so that will be an amazing dairy-free various.
- Broth: Be at liberty to make use of bone broth, hen broth or water as an alternative of the veggie broth! Simply word that if you happen to use water you may need to add a contact extra seasonings because the broth provides further taste.
How one can Make One Pot Pasta
Start by heating oil in a big pot or Dutch oven over medium-high warmth. Add the onion and sauté for about 5 minutes, till translucent and aromatic. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Subsequent, add the mushrooms, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and sauté for 3-4 minutes till the mushrooms are tender.
Add the diced tomatoes, pasta sauce and vegetable broth. Carry the combination to a boil. As soon as boiling, add spaghetti to the tomato sauce. Press the noodles down with a spatula or picket spoon to submerge pasta absolutely within the liquid.
Cowl and cut back warmth to medium-low and simmer for 15-17 minutes or till pasta is al dente. Examine the pasta midway by way of and stir with tongs to verify the pasta isn’t sticking to the underside of the pan. As soon as cooked, flip off warmth and blend within the basil and spinach. As soon as spinach has wilted serve pasta instantly and high with freshly grated parmesan cheese and contemporary basil leaves.
What to Serve With One Pot Pasta
This dish is unquestionably a full meal by itself, however if you wish to serve it with a aspect or protein listed below are some concepts:
Suggestions For Success
- Be sure to press the spaghetti down with a spatula or picket spoon to submerge the pasta within the liquid absolutely!
- In case your pot or pan will not be huge sufficient to completely submerge the noodles, break the spaghetti in half earlier than cooking in any other case it gained’t cook dinner evenly.
- Be sure to stir your pasta midway by way of cooking to make sure that the noodles aren’t sticking to the underside of your pot in any other case they’ll burn. Solely talking from expertise right here!
How one can Retailer Leftovers
This dish works nicely for meal prep as a result of it shops properly within the fridge. I recommend storing any leftovers in an hermetic sealed container within the fridge for 4-5 days. To reheat, add some pasta to a skillet and warmth on the range over medium warmth till warmed all through. You may want so as to add a splash of water to make sure the noodles don’t keep on with the pan. You can too microwave leftovers if you happen to’re in a rush!
Extra Pasta Dishes to Strive
Be sure you try the complete assortment of dinner recipes on EBF!
One Pot Pasta
A fast and simple one pot pasta recipe made with mushrooms, spinach, diced tomatoes and spaghetti noodles. It is flavorful, comforting and cooks up in simply half-hour.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus extra to style
- ½ teaspoon floor pepper, plus extra to style
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 24 oz jar pasta sauce, I used Rao’s tomato basil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 8 oz raw spaghetti
- ½ cup basil, chopped, plus extra for serving
- 2-3 cups contemporary spinach
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese, for serving
Serving: 1/4 recipe Energy: 421kcal Carbohydrates: 58g Protein: 12g Fats: 17g Saturated Fats: 2g Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g Monounsaturated Fats: 5g Sodium: 1096mg Potassium: 1058mg Fiber: 6g Sugar: 10g
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please go away a remark and star score on this submit and share on social media utilizing the hashtag #eatingbirdfood. I really like seeing your recipe shares!
This submit could embody affiliate hyperlinks. Thanks to your assist.