This lactation baked oatmeal is made with elements to assist increase milk manufacturing and provide for breastfeeding together with oats, brewer’s yeast and flaxseed. It’s simple to make, gluten-free, vegan + excellent for meal prep.
As a breastfeeding mama I’m all the time on the lookout for methods to extend or preserve my milk provide. I’ve developed recipes for lactation cookies, lactation bites, lactation brownies and a lactation smoothie – given my love for baked oatmeal I simply needed to develop a recipe for a lactation baked oatmeal!
I created this recipe for mamas with dietary restrictions in thoughts, so this recipe is dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free and jam-packed with elements recognized to assist increase milk provide like oats, flaxseed, brewer’s yeast, molasses and sesame.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s full of elements to assist increase milk manufacturing and provide for breastfeeding mothers!
- The combo of chocolate, cinnamon, coconut and molasses is so good!
- Straightforward to make and solely requires one bowl and one pan!
- Nice for meal prep! Make a batch on Sunday and also you’ll have breakfast able to go for the week.
Substances & Substitutions
- rolled old school oats – my fave model is Bob’s Pink Mill gluten free quaint rolled oats.
- brewers yeast – brewer’s yeast is likely one of the greatest meals to assist with breast milk provide (see under for more information). It’s full of vitamin B, iron, zinc, magnesium and potassium.
- floor flaxseed – excessive in omega-3 fatty acids (that are nice for child) and it additionally incorporates phytoestrogens that may affect breast milk manufacturing.
- milk – I like utilizing unsweetened vanilla almond milk, however be at liberty to make use of your favourite sort of milk.
- maple syrup – certainly one of my favourite pure sweeteners. Simply make sure you use pure maple syrup, not the substitute sort labeled “pancake syrup” and created from corn syrup… not the identical!
- coconut oil – be sure you’re utilizing coconut oil that’s melted. I’ve bought a number of completely different manufacturers of coconut oil earlier than, however Nutiva natural additional virgin coconut oil is my favourite.
- ripe bananas – these will assist bind the elements collectively, whereas additionally including some pure sweetness. Should you don’t have bananas readily available you should use 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce as an alternative.
- molasses – provides a candy, wealthy and warming taste to this baked oatmeal.
- sesame seeds – incorporates phytoestrogens which is able to assist enhance milk provide. You may additionally use tahini, which is floor sesame seeds.
- cinnamon – the proper warming spice for this baked oatmeal!
- baking powder – helps the baked oatmeal rise.
- sea salt – brings all of the flavors collectively.
- vanilla extract – one other taste enhancer.
- shredded coconut – provides an amazing taste and texture to this baked oatmeal. Be sure to’re utilizing unsweetened shredded coconut.
- chocolate chips – I like to recommend Take pleasure in Life darkish chocolate chips that are allergen-friendly or Lily’s chocolate chips as a result of they’re low in sugar and energy.
Tips on how to Make
Preheat the oven to 375°F and spray an 8×8 inch sq. baking dish with cooking spray. In a big bowl, combine collectively all of the elements apart from the shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
Fold in shredded coconut and chocolate chips. Fastidiously pour oatmeal combination into the ready baking dish and sprinkle with extra coconut and chocolate chips.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes till the highest is golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clear. Take away from the oven and let cool for a couple of minutes.
Portion and serve. I prefer to drizzle a bit of maple syrup and nut butter on high when serving.
Substances That Assist Improve Milk Provide
When creating this lactation baked oatmeal recipe I did some analysis on what meals assist with milk provide so I might embrace as many as doable on this recipe!
- Oats – One of many causes for decreased milk provide is low iron ranges. Oats are excessive in iron so some research have proven that oats assist with milk manufacturing. I personally love having some form of oat-based breakfast nearly each day. I’m a giant fan of in a single day oats (these chocolate chip in a single day oats are my go-to) and baked oatmeal (I like my strawberry banana baked oatmeal). I gravitate in the direction of these choices as a result of I can prep them upfront.
- Brewer’s yeast – It’s thought of a “galactagogue,” which is something that promotes breast milk manufacturing. Brewer’s yeast is full of nutritional vitamins and minerals – most notably, vitamin B, iron, zinc, magnesium and potassium. It’s additionally an excellent supply of protein. One 1/4 cup serving provides 8 grams of protein. Whereas brewer’s yeast has a number of actually nice advantages, it’s essential to notice that it’s best to speak to your physician earlier than including brewer’s yeast to your food regimen as it may work together with a wide range of medicines.
- Flaxseed – Flaxseed is excessive in omega-3 fatty acids (that are nice for child) and it additionally incorporates phytoestrogens that may affect breast milk manufacturing.
- Sesame seeds – Identical to flaxseed, sesame incorporates phytoestrogens. Utilizing tahini is certainly one of my favourite methods to include sesame in my recipes. These tahini chocolate chip protein balls and chocolate chip tahini cookies are two of my faves!
- Molasses – Molasses is a wealthy supply of iron, calcium, and nutritional vitamins B6 and B12, all of that are essential for lactation.
What to Serve With Baked Oatmeal
This baked oatmeal is full of fiber, wholesome fat and a few protein, so it’s an amazing breakfast choice and may undoubtedly be eaten by itself, however if you wish to serve it with some sides listed below are some concepts that might pair nicely with it:
Storing & Freezing
Baked oatmeal is nice for meal prep. You possibly can retailer it in an hermetic container within the fridge for 4-5 days or within the freezer for as much as 3 months. When freezing, I like to recommend slicing the oatmeal into parts, wrapping every in plastic wrap and inserting the parts in a big freezer bag. The person servings make it simpler to reheat.
To reheat the complete pan of baked oatmeal: cowl with foil and reheat within the oven at 350ºF for about 20 minutes or till heat.
To reheat particular person parts: set oven or toaster oven to 350ºF and bake for 5-10 minutes. You can too reheat within the microwave for 1 minute. As soon as heat, add your toppings and luxuriate in!
Extra Recipes to Assist with Milk Provide
Extra Baked Oatmeal Recipes
Lactation Baked Oatmeal
This lactation baked oatmeal is made with elements to assist increase milk manufacturing and provide for breastfeeding together with oats, brewer’s yeast and flaxseed. It is simple to make, gluten-free, vegan + excellent for meal prep.
- 2 cups rolled old school oats
- ¼ cup brewers yeast
- ¼ cup floor flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon superb sea salt
- 2 cups milk, I like utilizing unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds or ½ Tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced or ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tablespoons shredded coconut, plus extra for topping
- 2-3 Tablespoons chocolate chips, plus extra for topping
Serving: 1/6 recipe Energy: 385kcal Carbohydrates: 58g Protein: 9g Fats: 15g Saturated Fats: 4g Ldl cholesterol: 2mg Sodium: 351mg Potassium: 267mg Fiber: 6g Sugar: 24g
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please go away a remark and star ranking on this put up and share on social media utilizing the hashtag #eatingbirdfood. I like seeing your recipe shares!
This put up could embrace affiliate hyperlinks. Thanks on your help.