These spinach turkey meatballs are moist and flavorful, loaded with veggies and require no binders! They’re nice for meal prep as a result of you possibly can add them to pasta, sandwiches or salads all through the week.
I’m so enthusiastic about this spinach turkey meatballs recipe! It’s such a easy recipe… all you want is floor turkey, veggies and spices. No flour, no bread crumbs and no eggs!
The primary time I made them I used to be so nervous that they wouldn’t stick collectively as a result of we overlooked the flour and egg, however alas they held collectively completely. And the feel and taste was sooo good!
I like making these meatballs as a part of weekly meal prep as a result of one batch makes a ton of meatballs (about 30) they usually can be utilized in so many alternative methods!
I like serving them over zucchini noodles (or common noodles) with pasta sauce as a major dish for dinner or as a protein choice on salads. I’ve additionally been recognized to seize them straight from the fridge for a protein-rich snack. Chilly meatballs FTW!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Wholesome – It’s made with lean protein, spinach and carrots, offering protein and veggies.
- Flavorful – Seasoned with garlic, onion powder, and Italian herbs.
- Versatile – May be served so many alternative methods… add them to pasta, serve them with sauce and sides, serve them as an appetizer… the choices are infinite!
- Straightforward – Requires solely 8 easy components and comes collectively shortly!
- floor turkey – the principle supply of protein within the recipe, floor turkey is leaner than different varieties of meat and supplies a great quantity of protein with out being too heavy or fatty. I sometimes use 93% lean floor turkey, however you need to use 99% lean floor turkey for those who choose. When you don’t have floor turkey available you possibly can simply swap it for floor rooster or floor beef.
- greens – onion, carrot and contemporary spinach add scrumptious taste and texture! Plus, they add additional vitamins.
- seasonings – garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper.
- contemporary basil – provides a contemporary, barely candy taste to the meatballs. When you don’t have contemporary basil you need to use dried basil as a substitute.
The right way to Make
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Be certain that your onion, carrot and spinach are finely chopped as you don’t need enormous chunks of veggies within the meatballs. Professional tip: Chop all of your veggies in your meals processor to avoid wasting time!
In a big bowl add floor turkey, chopped veggies and spices. Gently mix, utilizing clear palms if wanted. Roll meat combination into 1-2 inch balls and place on ready baking sheet about 1 inch aside.
Bake till outsides are frivolously browned and facilities are not pink, about 25 minutes. Serve heat over your favourite noodles and sauce. Let cool earlier than putting in an air-tight container for those who’re making these as a part of your meal prep.
The right way to Serve Spinach Turkey Meatballs
- With pasta and marinara sauce: Serve the meatballs over your favourite pasta, corresponding to spaghetti, zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash and high with marinara sauce.
- In a sub sandwich: Place the meatballs in a sub roll along with your favourite toppings, corresponding to sautéed onions and peppers or melted cheese.
- In a salad: Add the meatballs to a salad with combined greens, tomatoes, cucumbers and your favourite dressing.
- On their very own as an appetizer: Serve the meatballs with toothpicks as a tasty and wholesome appetizer with some dipping sauce.
- On a grain bowl: Swap the falafels on this falafel bowl with these turkey meatballs or add them to this buddha bowl.
The right way to Retailer & Reheat
These spinach turkey meatballs are nice for meal prep! Right here’s find out how to retailer and reheat them:
Fridge: Let meatballs cool fully then retailer leftovers in an hermetic container for 4-5 days.
Freezer: Let meatballs cool fully then retailer within the freezer in an hermetic container for as much as 1 month.
Reheating: If meatballs have been frozen, thaw them within the fridge in a single day. When able to take pleasure in, reheat within the microwave for 1-2 minutes or bake in a 350°F oven for 10-Quarter-hour, till heat all through.
Extra Turkey Recipes
You should definitely take a look at the complete assortment of floor turkey recipes right here on EBF!
Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Be certain that your onion, carrot and spinach are finely chopped as you don’t need enormous chunks of veggies within the meatballs. I like chopping all of the veggies in my meals processor to avoid wasting time.
In a big mixing bowl add floor turkey, chopped veggies and spices. Gently mix with a wood spoon or palms.
Roll meat combination into 1-2 inch balls and place on ready baking sheet about 1-inch aside.
Bake till outsides are frivolously browned and facilities are not pink, about 25 minutes. Serve heat.
Let cool earlier than putting in an air-tight container for those who’re making these as a part of your meal prep.
Serving: 3 meatballs | Energy: 140kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 19g | Fats: 6g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Ldl cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 409mg | Potassium: 314mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g
Diet data is robotically calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.