This creamy bowl of tropical oatmeal cooks up in underneath 10 minutes on the stovetop. It combines rolled oats with coconut milk and banana and is topped with contemporary mango and toasted coconut.
Nothing warms me up like a bowl of oatmeal on a chilly morning particularly if it entails flavors that make me consider white sand, suntan lotion and piña coladas. This bowl of tropical oatmeal does simply that with flavors of banana, mango and coconut. It’s pleasant… and now one in all my favourite oatmeal variations.
So for those who’re within the temper for a tasty bowl of oats that may have you ever daydreaming about unique islands give this little combo a shot.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Loaded with tropical flavors because of the contemporary banana and mango, coconut milk and toasted coconut.
- Loaded with fiber from oats, wholesome fat from coconut milk and shredded coconut and nutritional vitamins and minerals from the contemporary fruit.
- Comes collectively in simply 10 minutes!
- Dairy-free, vegan and completely customizable.
Elements & Substitutions
- quaint oats – rolled oats make for such a creamy bowl of oatmeal. I like Bob’s Purple Mill old style rolled oats. Be sure you seize gluten-free oats if wanted.
- coconut milk – this provides a tropical twist and creaminess to the oatmeal. You should use common or gentle canned coconut milk. You may change the coconut milk with any non-dairy or dairy milk of alternative. You can even use all water for those who want. The flavour will change barely and the oatmeal may not be as creamy, however it’ll nonetheless be scrumptious.
- water – as an alternative of cooking the oats in all coconut milk, we’re doing half coconut milk and half water to cut back the saturated fats.
- banana – half a banana is used within the oatmeal for some creaminess and pure sweetness, whereas the remaining will be saved for topping.
- cinnamon and vanilla extract – good taste enhancers!
- toppings – these are optionally available, however I like including contemporary mango, contemporary banana slices, toasted coconut and a drizzle of maple syrup (or sweetener of alternative). For the toasted coconut, be sure you’re utilizing unsweetened coconut.
How you can Make
Place oats, milk, banana slices, cinnamon and vanilla in a medium-sized pot. Prepare dinner on medium-low warmth over the stovetop for about 6-7 minutes, stirring often so the oats don’t stick. Banana slices ought to cook dinner down and turn out to be creamy.
Take away from pot, add oat combination to a bowl and prime with further banana slices, mango chunks, toasted coconut flakes and a drizzle of maple syrup, if desired.
Customise Your Oatmeal
- Use completely different fruit – contemporary pineapple, kiwi, peaches or actually any fruit could be scrumptious.
- Use completely different toppings – be at liberty to nice inventive in the case of the toppings! Nuts, chia seeds, dried fruit and a drizzle of nut or seed butter are all nice choices.
- Add protein – stir in 1/2-1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, whisk in egg whites after cooking or add a scoop of Greek yogurt. Try my full submit on protein oatmeal for different methods so as to add protein to your oats.
How you can Meal Prep & Retailer
This tropical oatmeal recipe is nice as a result of you possibly can simply double or triple the recipe for meal prep so you’ve breakfast able to go for a number of days.
Simply retailer your leftovers within the fridge in an hermetic container for 3-4 days. While you’re able to eat, heat the oatmeal within the microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring each 30 seconds till they attain your most popular temperature. You may wish to add an additional splash of milk or water as a result of because the oats sit they’ll possible thicken up. Add your favourite toppings and luxuriate in!
Extra Oatmeal Recipes
Place oats, milk, banana slices, cinnamon and vanilla in a medium sized pot. Prepare dinner on medium-low warmth for about 6-7 minutes, stirring often so the oats don’t stick. Banana slices ought to cook dinner down and turn out to be creamy.
Take away from pot, add to a bowl and prime with further banana slices, mango chunks, toasted coconut flakes and a drizzle of maple syrup, if desired.
Serving: 1 bowl | Energy: 504kcal | Carbohydrates: 92g | Protein: 7g | Fats: 13g | Saturated Fats: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g | Sodium: 42mg | Potassium: 563mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 31g
Vitamin info is routinely calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.