This strawberry protein shake is creamy, straightforward to whip up and tastes like a milkshake, however is made with easy, pure elements and has over 20 grams of protein. Vegan + dairy-free.
I like making blended protein shakes and this strawberry protein shake would possibly simply be my new favourite taste!
Protein shakes are a go-to of mine every time I would like a fast and straightforward breakfast or post-workout snack to assist refuel my physique and restore fatigued muscle groups. And the recipe I’m sharing right this moment is really easy to whip up. You solely want 4 fundamental elements and a blender!
Why You’ll Love This Shake
- Fast and straightforward to make with simply 4 fundamental elements!
- Tastes like a strawberry milkshake with out all of the sugar.
- Has over 20 grams of protein.
- Vegan, dairy-free + gluten-free.
Blended Protein Shake
Usually occasions once we consider a protein shake we take into consideration placing some protein powder and water right into a blender bottle and shaking it up. I’ve truthfully by no means been a giant fan of that kind of protein shake so I began making blended shakes… that truly style good!
After all, there’s an additional step since you do have to interrupt out your blender, however belief me it’s price it.
The very best half about this protein shake? You solely want 4 fundamental elements!
- vanilla protein powder – I like utilizing vanilla protein powder, which provides it that milkshake taste however be at liberty to make use of your favourite model and taste of protein powder. I guess chocolate can be scrumptious for a chocolate strawberry protein shake! By way of which protein powder to make use of, I like use Nuzest protein powder. It’s plant-based, has easy elements and nice vitamin info! Nuzest even has a strawberry protein powder that I guess can be scrumptious! Use my code eatingbirdfood for 15% off your order on their web site.
- frozen strawberries – that is what offers this shake its wealthy and creamy texture! In the event you solely have recent strawberries readily available, I recommend slicing and freezing earlier than making this shake. And for those who’re feeling fancy you may serve your shake with recent strawberry slices, however that’s completely non-compulsory!
- milk – I like utilizing unsweetened almond milk, however any milk will work with this recipe.
- cashew or almond butter – for some further protein! I discover that cashew butter and almond butter have extra impartial flavors and don’t overpower the shake in order that’s what I like to recommend utilizing!
- chia seeds or flaxseed – including chia seeds or flaxseed to your shake is completely non-compulsory, nevertheless it does add somewhat further protein, fiber and wholesome fat.
- ice – that is non-compulsory, relying in your consistency desire, however including a handful of ice (about 3-4 cubes) will assist thicken your protein shake and make it colder.
Methods to Make
This protein shake couldn’t get any simpler to make. Simply add all elements to a blender and mix till easy. Style and alter ice or elements if wanted. Add toppings (if utilizing) and luxuriate in!
Substitutions & Notes
- Milk: Any plant-based milk will work like coconut milk, oat milk, soy milk or cashew milk. In the event you’re a dairy drinker be at liberty to make use of dairy milk!
- Nut butter: In the event you don’t have almond butter or cashew butter readily available you may swap it for peanut butter, it’ll simply add a stronger taste to the shake. You too can use a seed butter like tahini or sunflower seed butter.
- Strawberries: This can be a strawberry protein shake, however for those who don’t have strawberries readily available you may swap it with one other number of berries like blueberries, blackberries or raspberries.
- Protein powder: Plant-based protein powders really feel finest in my physique over whey-based protein powders, however you need to use no matter sort of protein powder you favor. In the event you don’t have protein powder readily available you need to use collagen powder or Greek yogurt for the protein!
- Sweetener: I discover that the frozen strawberries add loads of pure sweetness, however be at liberty so as to add a contact of maple syrup or your favourite sweetener for those who favor.
- Strawberry banana: Wish to make a strawberry banana protein shake? Merely swap a number of the frozen strawberries with 1/2 a frozen banana.
- Topping concepts: You possibly can prime the shake with recent strawberry slices like I did or add a drizzle of nut or seed butter or a sprinkle of your favourite toppings, similar to cacao nibs, coconut flakes, or granola.
How Lengthy Will it Final
I wish to make this protein shake recent after I’m able to eat it, however in case you have any leftovers or wish to make a day upfront that’s simply wonderful. Retailer the protein shake in an hermetic container within the fridge for 1-2 days. I wish to retailer my smoothies and protein shakes in wide-mouth mason jars. Some separation might happen because it sits, merely shake or re-blend if needed.
Extra Protein Shakes to Attempt
Common Smoothie Recipes
Add all elements to a blender.
Mix till easy. Style and alter ice or elements if wanted. Add toppings (if utilizing) and luxuriate in!
Serving: 1 shake | Energy: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 26g | Fats: 13g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Sodium: 618mg | Potassium: 452mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g
Vitamin data is routinely calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.