Take pleasure in a more healthy Easter deal with with these simple chocolate peanut butter eggs! They style identical to the Reese’s model, however are naturally sweetened, vegan and gluten-free.
I like my more healthy peanut butter cups, however with Easter developing I couldn’t resist making wholesome chocolate peanut butter eggs!
Don’t get me incorrect, I like Reese’s peanut butter eggs, however they’re made with processed sugar, dextrose, hydrogenated vegetable oil, skim milk, TBHQ and citric acid… no thanks!
This recipe is of course sweetened, vegan and made with just some easy real-food elements so they’re a a lot more healthy deal with for filling up these Easter baskets.
For this recipe I experimented with two completely different peanut butter fillings. The primary is a bit more decadent as a result of it makes use of actual deal peanut butter and maple syrup, nevertheless it’s additionally simpler since you don’t want a meals processor… you simply stir all the things collectively in a bowl.
The second filling choice is on the lighter facet of issues and makes use of powdered peanut butter or peanut flour, almond milk, dates and a little bit sea salt for the peanut butter middle. I’m highlighting choice 1 within the weblog publish, however I share each choices beneath within the recipe!
For the chocolate coating I made a do-it-yourself chocolate magic shell from cocoa/cacao powder, coconut oil, a couple of drops of stevia and a contact of maple syrup. It’s SUPER easy and tastes fairly darn good!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Chocolate + peanut butter = the perfect combo ever!
- They’re a more healthy Easter deal with in comparison with store-bought sweet.
- Tremendous simple to make with just some easy elements.
- Vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free + naturally sweetened.
- peanut butter – I want pure, drippy peanut butter that’s made with simply 1 or 2 elements… peanuts and salt. You’ll additionally need to use pure, drippy peanut butter not a thick peanut butter unfold. A few of my favourite manufacturers are Wild Pals peanut butter and 365 natural creamy peanut butter. If in case you have a peanut allergy or nut allergy be happy to swap the peanut butter along with your favourite seed or nut butter like almond butter, cashew butter, sunflower seed butter or tahini.
- coconut flour – I like utilizing Bob’s Purple Mill coconut flour. I don’t advocate subbing for one more flour as a result of coconut flour soaks up plenty of liquid so you possibly can’t simply sub 1:1 with one other flour like almond flour, all-purpose flour, oat flour, and so forth.
- maple syrup – the right pure sweetener for these chocolate eggs! Simply ensure you’re utilizing pure maple syrup and never pancake syrup, which is loaded with corn syrup… not the identical factor! It’s best to be capable to simply swap the maple syrup for honey or agave if that’s what you have got available.
- sea salt – to convey all of the flavors collectively.
- chocolate coating – we’re making an excellent easy magic shell coating by combining cocoa powder, melted coconut oil, liquid stevia and maple syrup.
The way to Make
Make filling: Mix peanut butter, coconut flour, maple syrup and sea salt in a medium bowl till dough is fashioned. Break off items (about 1-2 Tablespoons in dimension) and kind into an egg form. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze for about an hour.
Make coating: As soon as your peanut butter eggs are frozen, mix cocoa powder, melted coconut oil, stevia and maple syrup in a small bowl. Take away frozen peanut butter eggs from the freezer, dip every (one after the other) into the chocolate to cowl. I like to make use of a fork for this to assist any extra chocolate drip off. If in case you have any leftover chocolate after dipping all of the eggs, you possibly can drizzle it over the eggs like I did.
Freeze and revel in: Place every egg again on the parchment paper and return to the freezer to harden for a couple of minutes. They freeze fairly stable however will thaw out shortly and be able to eat inside 1-2 minutes.
Ideas For Success
- Use melted coconut oil: Ensure you’re utilizing melted coconut oil for the coating. In case your coconut oil is stable, simply pop it within the microwave for a couple of seconds to soften.
- Use parchment paper: Place the eggs on a plate or baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. It will make it simple to take away the eggs with out sticking as soon as they harden within the freezer.
- Skip the do-it-yourself coating: In case you’re not inclined to make your personal chocolate shell coating you possibly can all the time dip and coat the eggs with melted darkish chocolate chips. Simply soften about 1/3 cup chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon coconut oil and comply with the directions beneath for dipping.
- Use a cookie scoop: To make the peanut butter combination into egg shapes, think about using a cookie scoop. This provides you with constant and uniform sizes and also will make the method faster and simpler.
- Keep away from over-dipping: When dipping the peanut butter eggs within the chocolate coating, ensure to not over-dip them. Doing so will end in a thick layer of chocolate, which might be overwhelming and take away from the peanut butter taste.
- Experiment with toppings: If desired, you possibly can add toppings to the wholesome chocolate peanut butter eggs earlier than the chocolate units. Attempt crushed nuts, sprinkles or a sprinkle of flaked sea salt for added taste and texture.
The way to Retailer Leftovers
Be sure to retailer these chocolate peanut butter eggs in an hermetic container within the fridge or freezer for storage. They soften simply due to the coconut oil. They are going to keep recent for about 1 week within the fridge or as much as 3 months within the freezer.
I prefer to retailer them in my Stasher luggage within the freezer. Each time I would like a candy deal with I pull one out and let it thaw for 1-2 minutes earlier than consuming.
Extra Easy Desserts to Attempt
Remember to take a look at all of my Easter recipes in addition to the complete assortment of dessert recipes on EBF!
- In case you’re not inclined to make your personal coconut oil chocolate you possibly can all the time dip and coat the eggs with melted chocolate chips. Simply soften your chocolate chips (about 1/3 cup) with 1 teaspoon coconut oil and comply with the directions above for dipping.
Serving: 1egg with filling choice 1 | Energy: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 4g | Fats: 12g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Sodium: 20mg | Potassium: 101mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g
Diet info is robotically calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.