This eggplant curry combines contemporary zucchini and eggplant in a creamy tomato sauce that’s full of Indian spices. It’s flavorful, vegan, gluten-free and comes collectively shortly within the gradual cooker.
Isaac and I really like Indian meals! I’ve just a few Indian-inspired recipes on the weblog (like this dairy-free butter rooster and vegan tempeh tikka masala) and as we speak I’m sharing an eggplant curry, which was impressed by Baingan Bharta, one in all my favourite vegetarian dishes to order after we exit for Indian meals.
Baingan Bharta is a standard Indian dish made with grilled eggplants, onions, tomatoes, spices and contemporary herbs, however I made a decision to alter issues up a bit through the use of a combo of eggplant and zucchini. I additionally added coconut milk to make it additional creamy.
After cooking for hours the eggplant and zucchini get melt-in-your-mouth tender and take in tons of taste from the spicy sauce. So scrumptious!
And did I point out this eggplant curry recipe is tremendous straightforward? You actually throw all the pieces in your gradual cooker, stir, cowl and go about what you are promoting whereas the veggies prepare dinner to perfection.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- The right solution to put together an eggplant.
- Straightforward to make… simply toss all of your elements into your gradual cooker and let it work its magic!
- Wholesome, hearty and comforting. It’s the right cold-weather meal to make for dinner.
- Gluten-free, vegan and excellent for meal prep!
- eggplant – the star of the recipe! Eggplant works nice in curry as a result of it’s actually versatile and has a light taste so it soaks up the flavors of the curry. When in search of eggplants within the retailer, search for ones which might be shiny and agency. Keep away from eggplants which might be boring, wrinkled or have bruises.
- zucchini – pairs properly with eggplant and offers loads of vitamins and fiber.
- yellow onion and garlic – key elements that add a ton of taste to this dish.
- tomato paste – provides a deep, wealthy taste and helps to thicken the curry.
- coconut milk – provides creaminess and helps to stability out all of the spices. I choose to make use of full-fat coconut milk, however be at liberty to make use of lite coconut milk if you happen to choose.
- spices – curry powder, garam masala, cayenne pepper and cumin. If you happen to’re new to garam masala it’s a standard Indian spice that’s sometimes made with cinnamon, cardamom, mustard seeds, coriander seeds, cloves, mace and nutmeg.
- salt – brings all of the flavors collectively!
- vegetable broth – that is optionally available however will assist skinny the sauce barely if you need a thinner sauce. Plus, it provides extra taste!
- contemporary parsley or cilantro – for garnish. I really like including contemporary herbs to my dishes. It actually elevates the flavors.
Easy methods to Make
Mix elements: Add all of the elements to your gradual cooker, aside from the vegetable broth and contemporary parsley or cilantro. Stir all the pieces collectively and add vegetable broth if the combination appears too thick to you.
Prepare dinner: Prepare dinner on low for 4-5 hours, till greens are tender. Stir and season to style.
Serve: Serve heat with rice and naan and garnish with contemporary parsley or cilantro.
Easy methods to Serve Eggplant Curry
- With naan: There’s actually nothing higher than a heat piece of garlic naan to go along with this eggplant curry. Naan + curry = pure perfection!
- Over rice: Serve this curry over basmati rice, jasmine rice or cauliflower rice for a full meal.
- With protein: Add some protein to this curry with rooster, shrimp or chickpeas to maintain this dish vegan!
- Facet salad: Recent leafy greens on the aspect is at all times a terrific thought. Do that garlicky kale salad or massaged kale salad for a easy salad.
Easy methods to Retailer Leftovers
This can be a nice recipe for meal prep! Make a batch over the weekend and also you’ll have lunches or dinners able to go for the week!
Retailer any leftovers in an hermetic sealed container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
Extra Eggplant Recipes to Strive
Extra Curry Recipes to Strive
This eggplant curry combines contemporary zucchini and eggplant in a creamy tomato sauce that is full of Indian spices. It is flavorful, vegan, gluten-free and comes collectively shortly within the gradual cooker.
- 4 cups chopped eggplant, peeled, if desired
- 4 cups chopped zucchini, or extra eggplant
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 15 oz can coconut milk
- ¼ cup vegetable broth, optionally available
- chopped contemporary parsley or cilantro, for garnish
Add onion, garlic eggplant, zucchini, spices, tomato paste and coconut milk to your gradual cooker. Stir all the pieces collectively. At this level if the combination appears too thick you’ll be able to add in somewhat vegetable broth.
Prepare dinner on low for 4-5 hours. Garnish with contemporary parsley or cilantro. Serve heat with rice and naan.
- Recipe tailored from Love & Flour.
Serving: 1/4 of recipe Energy: 253kcal Carbohydrates: 28g Protein: 7g Fats: 15g Saturated Fats: 13g Sodium: 677mg Potassium: 1140mg Fiber: 9g Sugar: 16g
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please depart a remark and star score on this put up and share on social media utilizing the hashtag #eatingbirdfood. I really like seeing your recipe shares!
This put up might embrace affiliate hyperlinks. Thanks to your assist.