Roasted cabbage cooks up in underneath half-hour and is made with simply 5 easy elements. It’s caramelized to perfection, full of taste and makes for the right facet dish for nearly any meal.
I LOVE cabbage, however really feel prefer it’s such an underrated vegetable. Anybody else really feel that method?! Perhaps the dearth of colour makes individuals consider a bland, nutrient-less vegetable. However cabbage is kind of the alternative. It’s a severe diet powerhouse because it’s low in energy and full of tons of nutritional vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. And because it has a impartial taste it actually takes on the flavors of the dish you’re making.
I really like consuming cabbage each uncooked and cooked, however roasted cabbage is unquestionably one among my favourite methods to take pleasure in this veggie! Roasting the cabbage causes the perimeters to caramelize and brings out its pure sweetness.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s tremendous straightforward to make. All you want are 5 easy elements!
- Roasting caramelizes the cabbage, bringing out its pure sweetness. It’s so good!
- It’s a flexible dish that may be custom-made to your liking.
- It’s a wholesome facet dish that’s low in energy and excessive in vitamins.
Cabbage Well being Advantages
Do you know that cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable, like broccoli and cauliflower? It has a impartial taste (for my part) and is full of vitamins! Listed here are only a few the reason why you’ll love incorporating this veggie into your weight-reduction plan (supply):
- Filled with nutritional vitamins and minerals, like Vitamin C, Ok, and B6, in addition to potassium and manganese.
- Nice to your digestion, because of its excessive fiber content material.
- May also help to scale back irritation within the physique, which can decrease the danger of continual illnesses like coronary heart illness and most cancers.
- A low-calorie possibility that’s excessive in fiber, making it an awesome possibility for weight reduction.
- As a result of cabbage is an efficient supply of vitamin C it helps to provide collagen, protecting pores and skin trying youthful.
- inexperienced cabbage – the star of the present right here! I went with inexperienced cabbage, however be happy to make use of purple cabbage if that’s what you’ve gotten available. After washing your cabbage, chop it into 1 1/2-inch chunks for roasting.
- olive oil – permits the seasonings to stick collectively and retains the cabbage from sticking to the baking sheet. Avocado oil works nice too!
- seasonings – sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder are a easy, but excellent mixture for a tasty roasted cabbage.
Learn how to Make
Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Lower the stem off the cabbage and reduce it into 1” thick slices. Place cabbage slices onto ready baking tray.
Whisk collectively oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle half of the combination over the cabbage. Rub the seasoning combination into the cabbage with fingers or a brush. Then flip cabbage over and repeat on the opposite facet.
Place pan within the preheated oven and roast for 25 minutes, or till cabbage has softened and begins to brown on the perimeters. No must flip the cabbage whereas it’s roasting!
There are limitless methods to customise this roasted cabbage! Listed here are a couple of concepts:
- Lemon and herb: Add some lemon juice, lemon zest and 1 tablespoon of chopped recent herbs (corresponding to rosemary, parsley or thyme) to the olive oil earlier than coating the cabbage.
- Spicy: Add a pinch of crimson pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to the olive oil combination for a spicy variation!
- Candy and savory: Combine in some honey or maple syrup to the olive oil after which add 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika or floor cumin to the seasoning.
- Asian-inspired: Make an asian-inspired combination by swapping the olive oil with sesame oil and including 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of grated ginger to the combination.
- Tacky: As soon as the cabbage is completed roasting or solely has a couple of minutes left sprinkle it with freshly grated parmesan cheese. The parmesan will crisp up and be so scrumptious!
Learn how to Serve Roasted Cabbage
Learn how to Retailer Leftovers
I like to recommend storing any leftovers within the fridge in an hermetic container for 4-5 days. You may simply reheat the cabbage within the toaster oven, convection oven or air fryer!
Roasted Cabbage FAQ’s
Roasted cabbage is a wholesome possibility! It’s full of vitamins, particularly vitamin Ok, vitamin C and folate. It’s additionally excessive in fiber and antioxidants.
To chop cabbage for roasting, first, take away the outer leaves and wash the cabbage. Lower the cabbage in half after which reduce every half into 1” thick slices.
Some nutritional vitamins and minerals will be misplaced through the cooking course of, however cooking also can make some vitamins extra out there and simpler to digest. For instance, cooking cabbage can improve the supply of sure antioxidants.
Each cooked and uncooked cabbage have their very own distinctive dietary advantages. Uncooked cabbage is a superb supply of vitamin C and consuming it uncooked preserves this vitamin. Nonetheless, cooking cabbage could make sure vitamins extra out there, corresponding to beta-carotene and lutein, and it could possibly additionally make it simpler to digest for some individuals. Each choices are nice! It simply is determined by what dietary advantages you’re on the lookout for.
Extra Cabbage Recipes
Extra Roasted Veggies to Attempt
Roasted cabbage cooks up in underneath half-hour and is made with simply 5 easy elements. It is caramelized to perfection, full of taste and makes for the right facet dish for nearly any meal.
- 1 small head inexperienced cabbage
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon floor black pepper
Serving: 1/6 recipe Energy: 81kcal Carbohydrates: 9g Protein: 2g Fats: 5g Saturated Fats: 1g Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g Monounsaturated Fats: 3g Sodium: 221mg Potassium: 269mg Fiber: 4g Sugar: 5g
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please go away a remark and star ranking on this publish and share on social media utilizing the hashtag #eatingbirdfood. I really like seeing your recipe shares!
This publish could embrace affiliate hyperlinks. Thanks to your assist.