This flavorful inexperienced curry with shrimp comes collectively in lower than half-hour for a fast and wholesome weeknight meal. It’s scrumptious served over rice or zucchini noodles for a low-carb choice.
This inexperienced curry with shrimp has been on repeat in our family for dinner just lately! It combines protein-packed shrimp and many contemporary veggies in a flavorful creamy coconut sauce. It’s wholesome consolation meals and amazingly satisfying on a cold winter night!
Sautéed curries like this are superior as a result of they don’t take very lengthy to cook dinner (particularly with quick-cooking shrimp). It’s additionally tremendous simple to modify up the veggies primarily based on what you’ve available. For this model I used shredded cabbage (which I purchased already shredded from Complete Meals – such a time saver) and zucchini. Subsequent time I’ll in all probability attempt including broccoli and snow peas for positive.
I really like serving this curry over rice for a extra filling meal, but it surely’s additionally scrumptious over zucchini noodles (both uncooked or shortly sautéed) for a low-carb choice. Each methods are scrumptious. Simply don’t neglect the additional inexperienced onions and cilantro. Oh, and the sriracha!
- sesame oil – for cooking the shrimp and sautéing your greens. Olive oil, avocado oil or coconut oil are additionally nice choices.
- yellow onion, ginger and garlic – key substances that add a ton of taste to this curry.
- inexperienced curry paste – gives the signature inexperienced curry taste. Inexperienced curry paste has a light, balanced taste that’s a lot sweeter than purple curry paste. I favor the Thai Kitchen inexperienced curry paste.
- coconut milk – a key ingredient for this recipe because it provides a wealthy, creamy texture and a touch of sweetness to the dish. I favor to make use of full-fat coconut milk, however be happy to make use of lite coconut milk in case you favor.
- veggies – I went with zucchini and cabbage as each work nicely in curry dishes, however be happy to make use of your favourite veggies or no matter you’ve available.
- lime – a contact of acidity so as to add brightness and assist steadiness out the flavors.
- low-sodium tamari – provides a savory, umami taste to this dish. I favor to make use of low sodium so I can management how a lot salt is in my curry. In case you don’t have tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos are each good options.
- cayenne pepper – for a contact of spice. A bit of goes a great distance!
- shrimp – I like to purchase already peeled and deveined shrimp to make issues quicker, however you are able to do this your self if desired. I often decide up the shrimp from the seafood counter or an area seafood store. If wanted, the shrimp will be beforehand frozen.
- contemporary basil and cilantro – I really like including contemporary herbs to my dishes. It actually elevates the flavors! I like utilizing thai basil, however any number of basil works. Recent lemongrass would even be a scrumptious addition!
The best way to Make
Warmth oil over medium warmth in a big skillet. As soon as oil is sizzling add onion, garlic and ginger and sauté till aromatic, about 3-5 minutes. Add curry paste, stir and sauté for 1 minute. Add coconut milk, zucchini, cabbage, lime juice, tamari and cayenne pepper to the skillet. Mix and switch up the warmth to medium-high so the liquid begins to simmer. Prepare dinner for about 5 minutes.
Add the shrimp to the pan and cook dinner till shrimp is pink and cooked via, about 3-4 minutes. Add basil and cilantro and toss to mix. Take away skillet from the warmth and serve over cooked rice or zucchini noodles. Garnish every plate with inexperienced onion, contemporary cilantro and somewhat sriracha in case you want extra spice.
Customise Your Curry
- Veggies: Be at liberty to swap out the veggies for no matter you’ve available! Mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, purple bell pepper and snap peas are all glorious choices for this recipe.
- Curry: Don’t have inexperienced curry paste available? Be at liberty to swap it with purple curry paste or yellow curry powder. In case you use curry powder you may wish to begin with 1 Tablespoon and add extra as desired. You possibly can additionally make this hen curry with yellow curry powder or coconut curry shrimp which requires purple curry paste.
- Protein: Wish to swap out the shrimp? Go proper forward! Rooster is at all times a fantastic choice in curry and for a vegan model you could possibly use tofu or tempeh. Or you possibly can skip the protein altogether and add extra greens for a veggie-packed dish.
What to Serve With Shrimp Curry
- With naan: There’s actually nothing higher than a heat piece of garlic naan to go together with this shrimp curry. Naan + curry = pure perfection!
- Over grains: Serve this curry over basmati rice, jasmine rice, brown rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice for a full meal. I’ve additionally served this curry over zucchini noodles and it was scrumptious!
- Facet salad: Recent leafy greens on the aspect is at all times a fantastic concept. Do this garlicky kale salad or massaged kale salad for a easy salad.
The best way to Retailer Leftovers
Retailer within the fridge: Let the curry cool utterly and retailer any leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for 3-4 days.
Retailer within the freezer: To freeze, place the cooled curry in a freezer-safe container or bag, seal and freeze for as much as 3 months. Defrost within the fridge in a single day earlier than reheating.
To reheat: You’ll be able to reheat this curry within the microwave or over the stovetop. Be at liberty so as to add extra liquid when reheating, if desired because the veggies may take in a few of the liquid because it sits.
Extra Curry Recipes to Attempt
Extra Shrimp Recipes to Attempt
Inexperienced Curry with Shrimp
This flavorful inexperienced curry with shrimp comes collectively in lower than half-hour for a fast and wholesome weeknight meal. It is scrumptious served over rice or zucchini noodles for a low-carb choice.
- 1 ½ Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon grated contemporary ginger
- 2 Tablespoons Thai Inexperienced curry paste
- 1 13 oz can coconut milk
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium tamari, or soy sauce or coconut aminos
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp
- ¼ cup contemporary basil, chopped
- ¼ cup contemporary cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped inexperienced onion, for garnish
- cooked rice for zucchini noodles, for serving
- sriracha, for serving
- lime wedges, for serving
Warmth oil over medium-high warmth in a big skillet. As soon as sizzling, add onion, garlic and ginger and sauté till aromatic, about 3-5 minutes. Add in curry paste and sauté 1 minute. Add coconut milk, zucchini, cabbage, lime juice, tamari and cayenne pepper to the skillet. Mix and switch up the warmth to medium-high so the liquid begins to simmer. Prepare dinner for about 5 minutes.
Add shrimp to the pan and cook dinner till shrimp are pink and cooked via, about 3-4 minutes. Add basil and cilantro to the pan and toss to mix. Take away skillet from the warmth.
Serve curry over zucchini noodles (will be uncooked or shortly sautéed) or cooked rice. Garnish every plate with inexperienced onion, contemporary cilantro, a lime wedge and somewhat sriracha in order for you extra spice. Get pleasure from!
Serving: 1/4 of recipe Energy: 397kcal Carbohydrates: 13g Protein: 27g Fats: 27g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 5g
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please depart a remark and star ranking on this put up and share on social media utilizing the hashtag #eatingbirdfood. I really like seeing your recipe shares!
This put up could embody affiliate hyperlinks. Thanks in your help.