These gluten-free black bean brownies are so fudgy and scrumptious. Nobody will be capable of inform that they’re flourless and made with beans!
These black bean brownies had been really impressed by certainly one of Isaac’s college students. After we received married again in 2013 his class made us a cookbook as a present. Every pupil submitted a favourite recipe to incorporate within the e book so it’s full of a number of kid-approved recipes, a lot of that are hand written and embrace cute footage.
I’ve made the brownies a few instances. The primary time I adopted the unique recipe precisely to get an thought of how they need to end up after which I made a batch with some EBF-friendly modifications. My model makes use of maple syrup as an alternative of sugar, coconut oil as an alternative of butter and uncooked cacao powder.
The brownies are a breeze to whip up and are available out tasting moist, flavorful and many candy. I really like the fudgy consistency of brownies and the little bits of texture from the chopped walnuts. I’ve tried different black bean brownie recipes earlier than and none have turned out pretty much as good as this recipe. I feel you’re going to LOVE them simply as a lot as we do!
Why You’ll Love These Brownies
- Gluten-free, grain-free and might simply be made vegan.
- Filled with 8 grams of protein every!
- Black beans not solely add additional diet and protein but in addition act as an alternative choice to flour.
- Nobody will know that they’re made with beans! They’re nonetheless so wealthy and fudgy.
- Straightforward to whip up with solely 9 easy substances.
Baking With Beans
I do know it sounds type of loopy, however sure these brownies are made with black beans! However don’t fear as a result of nobody will see or style the beans. They get blended up in your meals processor they usually’re fully undetectable.
The black beans are used as an alternative of flour so there’s no gluten in these brownies they usually have somewhat additional fiber and protein. Not solely is that this superior for dietary functions, however it additionally means you could mix the batter proper in your meals processor or blender.
Elements & Substitutions
- black beans – acts as a flour substitute and provides protein! I used canned black beans (drained and rinsed), however you may all the time use dry black beans as an alternative. I haven’t tried this, however another person used 154g of dry black beans and the brownies turned out effectively.
- eggs – helps bind the substances collectively and supply construction for the brownies. To make this recipe vegan you can use flaxseed eggs. I’ve examined these brownies with flax eggs and the brownies turned out, they simply didn’t rise as effectively.
- coconut oil – to assist add moisture to the brownies. Olive oil, avocado oil or butter works instead.
- uncooked cacao powder – can’t have brownies with out cocoa powder for that chocolatey taste! Uncooked cacao powder is a pure superfood excessive in antioxidants and vitamins reminiscent of iron, potassium, magnesium and zinc. It’s recognized to advertise wholesome digestion and scale back irritation, amongst many different well being advantages. That stated, if you happen to don’t have uncooked cacao powder, cocoa powder works too! I actually like Navitas natural cacao powder.
- sea salt – a baking important!
- pure vanilla extract – for some added taste.
- pure maple syrup – the right liquid sweetener for these brownies. Simply you’ll want to use pure maple syrup, not the synthetic type labeled “pancake syrup” that’s created from corn syrup. One other liquid sweetener like honey or agave would additionally work.
- chocolate chips – I really like Lily’s chocolate chips for a low-sugar choice and Get pleasure from Life darkish chocolate chips for a dairy-free/soy-free choice.
- uncooked walnuts – I really like the added crunch the walnuts add, however you may completely skip these or use one other nut as an alternative.
The way to Make
Preheat: Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease an 8×8-inch baking pan.
Mix: Place the beans, eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, cocoa powder, salt and vanilla within the bowl of a meals processor or blender and mix till clean.
Mix: Take away the blade and gently stir in your chocolate chips and walnuts, if utilizing. Another choice is to sprinkle the walnuts on prime of the brownie batter when you pour it into the pan.
Bake: Switch combination to the ready pan. Bake for 35 minutes, or till brownies are set within the heart and a toothpick comes out clear. Cool fully, minimize into squares and revel in!
The way to Serve
I really like consuming these brownies plain, however if you wish to get fancy listed below are some topping concepts:
- Nut butter – add a drizzle of nut butter on prime of your brownies. Almond butter could be my best choice, however I wager peanut butter, cashew butter and even tahini would all be scrumptious.
- Coconut whip – these brownies could be scrumptious with a dollop of coconut whip cream on prime!
- Ice cream – you may’t go fallacious with a scoop of ice cream when serving these brownies! Use your favourite model of ice cream or strive my banana ice cream, chocolate banana ice cream or avocado ice cream.
- Caramel sauce – these brownies paired with a drizzle of my date caramel sauce could be to die for!
- Yogurt – wish to eat a brownie for breakfast? Crumble it on prime of some Greek yogurt (or any yogurt of alternative) with a sprinkle of granola (this hemp granola is scrumptious) and contemporary berries. Like a breakfast brownie sundae… so yummy!
The way to Retailer These Brownies
These brownies by no means final lengthy in our home, however my advice is to retailer leftover brownies within the fridge for as much as one week or within the freezer for as much as 3 months. I like to make use of my Stasher baggage or these glass containers for straightforward storage.
Extra Brownie Recipes To Attempt
In style Dessert Recipes
Be sure you try all the black bean recipes in addition to the total assortment of dessert recipes on EBF!
Black Bean Brownies
These gluten-free black bean brownies are so fudgy and scrumptious. Nobody will be capable of inform that they are flourless and made with beans!
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 giant eggs
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup cocoa powder, or uncooked cacao powder
- ⅛ teaspoon positive sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup chopped uncooked walnuts, non-compulsory
- Eggs: To make this recipe vegan you can use 3 flax eggs (1 Tablespoon flaxseed + 3 Tablespoons water for every egg). I’ve examined these brownies with flax eggs and the brownies turned out, they simply didn’t rise as effectively.
- Coconut oil: Melted butter, avocado oil or olive oil works too.
- Maple syrup: One other liquid sweetener like honey or agave would additionally work.
- Walnuts: You’ll be able to completely skip these or use one other nut as an alternative.
Serving: 1 brownie Energy: 151kcal Carbohydrates: 16g Protein: 4g Fats: 9g Saturated Fats: 5g Ldl cholesterol: 35mg Sodium: 67mg Fiber: 3g Sugar: 10g
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please depart a remark and star ranking on this submit and share on social media utilizing the hashtag #eatingbirdfood. I really like seeing your recipe shares!
This submit might embrace affiliate hyperlinks. Thanks on your assist.