Be taught one of the best ways to organize edamame in about 5 minutes with simply 3 easy substances! It’s the proper snack or facet dish for any meal.
Should you’re in search of a straightforward, wholesome and scrumptious snack, look no additional than this simple edamame recipe!
With simply three easy substances, you possibly can whip up a restaurant-quality facet dish in a matter of minutes. Whether or not you serve this as an appetizer or snack or add the edamame to a salad or stir-fry, this recipe is a good one to maintain in your again pocket!
Edamame Well being Advantages
Edamame is a inexperienced, immature soybean that’s normally boiled or steamed and sometimes eaten as a snack or as a facet dish in Japanese delicacies. That stated, it can be served in quite a lot of dishes, equivalent to salads and stir-fries. In the US, most edamame is discovered within the freezer part with different frozen greens. You should buy it shelled (generally known as mukimame) or within the shell, which is what we’re utilizing for this recipe.
Edamame has some fantastic well being advantages. It’s excessive in plant-based protein (1 cup has about 18 grams), fiber and nutritional vitamins. It’s additionally a very good supply of wholesome fats and antioxidants whereas being low in energy and ldl cholesterol.
- edamame – for this recipe we’re utilizing a bag of frozen edamame pods, not shelled edamame.
- kosher salt – helps to boost the flavour of the edamame beans and make sure that they’re cooked to the correct texture. The salt additionally helps to tenderize the beans and might forestall them from turning into robust.
- flaked sea salt – for added taste when serving! I really like Maldon sea salt flakes.
The right way to Make
This recipe couldn’t get any simpler to make!
Simply deliver a big pot of water to a boil with kosher salt. As soon as boiling add the frozen edamame to the water and prepare dinner till vibrant inexperienced and tender, about 4-5 minutes. Drain and place it in a bowl. Sprinkle edamame with flaked sea salt and serve heat.
How easy is that?!
- Spicy: Sprinkle with crimson pepper flakes or drizzle scorching sauce or sriracha on edamame pods
- Miso: Toss with miso paste and sesame oil
- Garlic: Toss with garlic powder or minced garlic, black pepper and olive oil
- Lemon: Sprinkle with lemon zest and sea salt
- Curry: Toss with curry powder and a bit of coconut milk
- Teriyaki: Toss with teriyaki sauce and sesame oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Honey: Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with sea salt
- Sesame: Sprinkle with sesame seeds and a splash of soy sauce
- Wasabi: Combine with wasabi paste and a bit of olive oil
The right way to Serve Edamame
The right way to Retailer
As soon as cooked you possibly can retailer any leftovers in an hermetic sealed container within the fridge for as much as one week.
Extra Edamame Recipes to Strive
Extra Snack Recipes to Strive
Make sure you take a look at all the edamame recipes in addition to the total assortment of snack recipes right here on EBF!
Be taught one of the best ways to organize edamame in about 5 minutes with simply 3 easy substances! It is the proper snack or facet dish for any meal.
- 1 bag frozen edamame, in pods
- 4 Tablespoons kosher salt
- ½-1 teaspoon flaked sea salt, for serving
Serving: 1/4 recipe Energy: 90kcal Carbohydrates: 10g Protein: 7g Fats: 3g Sodium: 290mg Potassium: 330mg Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please go away a remark and star score on this submit and share on social media utilizing the hashtag #eatingbirdfood. I really like seeing your recipe shares!
This submit could embody affiliate hyperlinks. Thanks in your assist.