This cottage cheese smoothie is thick, creamy and tastes like dessert. Plus, it’s filled with over 17 grams of protein. No protein powder wanted!
For this smoothie we’re mixing up cottage cheese with frozen raspberries, bananas, almond milk and a contact of honey. It tastes like cheesecake in smoothie type however is filled with over 17 grams of protein, which makes it an excellent post-workout snack or fast on-the-go breakfast.
Why You’ll Love This Smoothie
- It’s thick, creamy and tastes like raspberry cheesecake!
- It’s a excessive protein smoothie, with out requiring protein powder.
- Simply customizable! Be happy to make this smoothie your personal.
- You solely want 5 easy components!
- almond milk – used because the liquid base for this smoothie. I like utilizing unsweetened vanilla almond milk because it provides a contact of vanilla taste with none added sugars. When you solely have plain almond milk readily available you could possibly add a splash of vanilla extract for a touch of vanilla taste.
- cottage cheese – the important thing ingredient on this recipe, offering a creamy texture and wealthy taste with loads of protein. I used full-fat Good Tradition cottage cheese, however low-fat will work as effectively. Full fats might be creamier although!
- frozen banana – this helps to make this smoothie tremendous thick and creamy and provides some pure sweetness.
- frozen raspberries – provides some tartness to stability out the sweetness of the banana and honey. Plus, raspberries add fiber and antioxidants!
- honey – a contact of honey to stability out the tartness of the raspberries. Be happy to regulate the quantity based mostly in your private choice.
Methods to Make
This cottage cheese smoothie recipe couldn’t get any simpler to whip up! Simply add your almond milk, cottage cheese, frozen banana, frozen raspberries and honey to your high-speed blender and mix till easy!
Style the smoothie and modify as wanted. If it’s too thick, add extra milk to skinny it out. If it’s too skinny, add a handful of ice or one other 1/2 of a frozen banana to make it thicker.
When you obtain your required consistency, pour right into a glass, high with just a few recent berries if desired, and luxuriate in!
What’s The Finest Cottage Cheese to Use?
When making this smoothie, I like to recommend utilizing full-fat cottage cheese to get a creamier texture with probably the most quantity of protein. Each small-curd and large-curd cottage cheese work effectively, although small-curd cottage cheese is usually creamier.
The kind of cottage cheese you utilize is as much as private choice. I personally like to make use of natural dairy merchandise free from antibiotics and hormones (like rbST). When you’re in search of good natural cottage cheese manufacturers I like to recommend Good Tradition, Natural Valley, Kalona SuperNatural and Nancy’s. I additionally like Friendship Dairies no salt added, small curd 1% cottage cheese (within the pink container). Cottage cheese tends to be actually excessive in sodium so I like that this selection is somewhat decrease than your typical manufacturers. Sadly, this model isn’t natural.
Is Cottage Cheese More healthy Than Yogurt?
Each cottage cheese and yogurt (particularly Greek yogurt) are wholesome choices that present high-quality protein, important vitamins, and probiotics. Nevertheless, cottage cheese often accommodates extra protein and fewer carbs than yogurt, making it an excellent selection for these seeking to enhance protein consumption or observe a low-carb food plan.
Substitutions & Notes
Be happy to get artistic with this recipe and make it your personal!
- Nut-free: If in case you have a nut allergy, swap the almond milk with one other dairy-free milk of selection or common dairy milk.
- Swap out the fruit: Swap out the raspberries and/or bananas for an additional frozen fruit like frozen strawberries, blueberries, peaches, blackberries, cherries, pineapple or mango. Or, you could possibly mix two or three fruits for a singular mixture of flavors!
- Add greens: For a nutrient increase, add a handful of spinach or kale.
- Add frozen veggies: Frozen cauliflower or zucchini can add creaminess with out altering the style a lot. That is one in all my favourite methods to sneak veggies into my smoothies!
- Add nut butter: Almond butter or peanut butter will add some further protein and provides this smoothie a richer style.
- Sweetener: Be happy to omit the honey in case you’re watching your sugar consumption, or use a distinct sweetener like stevia, dates or maple syrup.
- Toppings: The choices are limitless in the case of smoothie toppings. A few of my faves are recent berries, seeds or nuts, a drizzle of nut butter and shredded coconut.
- Amp up the protein: Add a scoop of protein powder to essentially amp up the protein depend on this smoothie. You would possibly want a bit extra liquid in case you do that as protein powder can thicken up a smoothie.
- Make it a smoothie bowl: If you wish to take pleasure in this as a smoothie bowl, use much less liquid or one other frozen banana to make it further thick and scoopable.
Extra Smoothie Recipes
Add components to the blender and mix till easy.
Style and modify consistency if wanted. If the smoothie is simply too skinny you possibly can add a handful of ice to thick it up. If it is too thick add a bit extra almond milk to skinny it out.
Pour smoothie right into a glass, high with recent raspberries if desired and luxuriate in!
Serving: 1 smoothie | Energy: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 17g | Fats: 5g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Ldl cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 565mg | Potassium: 470mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 41g
Vitamin data is mechanically calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.