This broccoli avocado tuna bowl is full of protein-rich tuna, contemporary broccoli and creamy avocado. It’s a fast, straightforward bowl-in-a-meal that’s good for lunch or dinner!
The thought for this broccoli avocado tuna bowl began on a day once I didn’t have a ton of contemporary meals in the home. I knew I had a can of tuna within the pantry and a bag of frozen broccoli so I made a decision to toss them collectively in a skillet with just a little oil, add some avocado and onion and name it a meal. It tuned out higher than I anticipated… love when that occurs!
Tuna generally is a little bland by itself (and never very photogenic), however when mixed with broccoli, the candy and salty taste from coconut aminos and creamy avocado, it actually shines.
As soon as the avocado will get heat and mashed up with every part, this bowl type of jogs my memory of tuna casserole, solely with out noodles or condensed soup. It has rapidly turn into my go-to lunch choice on days once I want one thing that’s filling and satisfying, but additionally loopy straightforward and lightning-fast to whip up.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It comes collectively in solely quarter-hour, so it’s good for these busy weeknights.
- You solely want 7 easy substances that you simply in all probability have already got available.
- It’s full of over 40 grams of protein.
- olive oil or avocado oil – for sautéing the greens.
- purple onion – provides taste! Be happy to make use of yellow onion if that’s what you’ve gotten available.
- canned tuna – I usually purchase Albacore canned tuna since you get larger chunks of meat that aren’t mushy. I actually just like the Wild Planet model! Ensure to empty your tuna earlier than utilizing!
- broccoli florets – provides some vitamins and a pop of colour! You need to use contemporary or frozen broccoli for this recipe.
- avocado – provides some wholesome fat and creaminess when mashed up with the remainder of the substances.
- tamari or soy sauce – provides a punch of taste and saltiness to the bowl. You’ll be able to sub in coconut aminos if that’s what you’ve gotten available.
- sunflower seeds – affords some crunch and barely nutty style. I like to make use of roasted salted sunflower seeds, however you should use uncooked as effectively!
How you can Make
Warmth oil in a skillet over medium warmth. As soon as heat, add onion and cook dinner till aromatic, 3-4 minutes.
Add broccoli florets and cook dinner till colour has brightened and heat all through. Add tuna, avocado and tamari/soy sauce to the skillet. Toss to mix and mash the avocado into the combination a bit.
Cook dinner over medium-low warmth till every part is heat.
Serve instantly, both by itself or over rice. High with sunflower seeds and sambal oelek or sriracha, if desired.
How you can Serve
Whereas this dish is satisfying and nutrient-dense by itself, you’ll be able to positively serve it with a grain or some sides to make it extra filling. Listed here are some concepts:
- Serve over white rice, brown rice, cauliflower rice or quinoa for a whole meal.
- Add some sautéed mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini or snap peas to the combination for further veggies and colour.
- Serve with a aspect of pickled ginger, pickled onions, kimchi or uncooked sliced cucumber for a refreshing distinction to the nice and cozy substances.
- When you like spice, drizzle some sriracha or sambal oelek earlier than serving. Or sprinkle chili flakes on high.
- Serve alongside a contemporary salad, like this straightforward spinach salad recipe or garlicky kale salad.
How you can Retailer Leftovers
This dish is greatest served immediately, however you’ll be able to retailer leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for two days. The avocado may begin to brown, but it surely’ll nonetheless be edible!
To reheat merely place within the microwave or on the stovetop till it’s warmed via.
Extra Bowl Recipes to Strive
Extra Tuna Recipes to Strive
Serving: 1 bowl (with out rice) | Energy: 534kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 44g | Fats: 32g | Saturated Fats: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 17g | Ldl cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 1311mg | Potassium: 977mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 4g
Vitamin data is robotically calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.
Need extra bowl meals? Take a look at my roundup of 15 Wholesome Smoothie Bowls.