Right here’s how you can make the viral Bella Hadid salad with arugula, cucumber, bell pepper, avocado and parmesan all drizzled with lemon juice, olive oil and a balsamic glaze. It’s mild, refreshing and really easy to whip up!
I’m obsessive about the viral Jennifer Aniston salad so once I noticed Bella Hadid’s favourite salad go viral on TikTok I simply needed to attempt it!
I’m not going to lie I didn’t know who Bella Hadid was earlier than this salad (she’s a supermodel, in case you didn’t know!), however she certain does know how you can put collectively a scrumptious salad! I like how mild and refreshing this salad is and the way simple it’s to whip up. All you want are 8 important components and there’s no fancy dressing concerned… this one simply requires lemon juice, olive oil and balsamic glaze. The completed product is severely so good!
Why You’ll Love This Salad
- Fast and straightforward to make! You solely want 8 components (plus salt and pepper) and one bowl.
- No fancy dressing wanted… all you want is olive oil, lemon juice and balsamic glaze!
- It may be served by itself as a light-weight lunch or as a meal-sized salad with added protein.
- child arugula – the bottom of this recipe, which brings a pleasant peppery taste to this salad and pairs completely with the remainder of the components.
- cucumber – provides a pleasant crunch to this salad! I personally like utilizing mini cucumbers (additionally referred to as a Persian cucumber) as a result of they don’t have massive seeds and are much less watery.
- pink bell pepper – provides a delicate sweetness and refreshing crunch to this salad. I choose to slice the pink pepper into skinny items, however be happy to cut it into smaller bites if you happen to choose.
- avocado – gives some wholesome fat that your mind will love. You need to discover an avocado that’s darkish inexperienced and barely tender to the contact. If the avocado is just too exhausting, it is going to be tough to chop and eat. Whether it is too tender, it is going to be brown on the within and no good.
- parmesan reggiano – or parmigiano reggiano, provides an amazing savory taste and a few saltiness. I like to recommend utilizing a contemporary block of parmesan and grating it your self for the most effective taste. The flavour needs to be complicated and nutty, with a barely candy end. The cheese block also needs to be agency and dry, with a crumbly texture. I undoubtedly don’t suggest skipping the cheese. In the event you want this salad to be vegan you need to use a vegan parmesan or make this hemp parmesan.
- flaky sea salt & black pepper – to steadiness out all of the flavors. For the flaky sea salt I like Maldon sea salt flakes.
- dressing – as a substitute of an elaborate dressing, we’re simply utilizing lemon juice, olive oil and balsamic glaze so as to add a light-weight, refreshing and barely candy taste to the salad. For the olive oil I like to recommend utilizing a better high quality additional virgin olive oil for the most effective outcomes. And if you happen to don’t have balsamic glaze readily available you’ll be able to simply make it at house with simply balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Right here’s a balsamic glaze recipe if you happen to’re focused on making your individual.
Find out how to Make
This salad comes collectively in about 10 minutes – it’s what makes an amazing go-to recipe for an amazing lunch! Simply add your arugula to a big bowl, adopted by the cucumbers, bell pepper, parmesan cheese and avocado. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and pepper to style. Drizzle lemon juice, olive oil and balsamic glaze on prime. Toss and serve.
How simple is that?!
Notes & Substitutions
- Cheese: The parmesan is a recreation changer in relation to this salad, however if you happen to aren’t a fan you’ll be able to swap it for any form of cheese. Some concepts: mozzarella cheese, feta cheese and goat cheese. In the event you want this salad to be vegan, you’ll be able to skip it altogether or use vegan cheese!
- Greens: In the event you aren’t a fan of arugula you’ll be able to swap it with one other leafy inexperienced like kale, spinach, chard, lettuce or spring combine.
- Veggies: Have completely different veggies readily available or need to add extra? Be at liberty to make use of what you may have! I guess pink onion and carrots can be good additions!
- Protein: need to beef up this salad and add some protein? Go for it! White beans, air fryer chickpeas, crispy baked tofu, apple cider vinegar rooster, tempeh bacon or air fryer salmon would all be scrumptious additions.
- Nuts & Seeds: You may add some nuts and/or seeds to this salad for some wholesome fat and protein. Hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds (aka pepitas), sunflower seeds, pistachios and almonds are all nice choices.
- Dressing: I like the simplicity of the balsamic glaze, olive oil and lemon juice, however there are limitless choices for dressings that will work properly with this salad like this lemon French dressing, balsamic French dressing or apple cider vinegar dressing.
- Grains: Combine in some grains like quinoa or farro to make this salad extra filling and for added vitamin.
- Spice: Love spicy meals? Sprinkle on some pink chili flakes or add a drizzle of Sriracha.
Find out how to Retailer
This salad is finest made and eaten instantly, however if in case you have leftovers retailer them in an hermetic container within the fridge for 1-2 days. If you wish to prep this salad upfront for meal prep I like to recommend storing the arugula, bell pepper and cucumber collectively in a separate container, the shredded cheese in a separate container after which including the dressing and avocado proper earlier than serving.
Widespread Salad Recipes
Extra Viral Recipes
Make sure you try my full assortment of salad recipes on EBF!
Bella Hadid Salad
Right here’s how you can make the viral Bella Hadid salad with arugula, cucumber, bell pepper, avocado and parmesan all drizzled with lemon juice, olive oil and a balsamic glaze. It is mild, refreshing and really easy to whip up!
- 1 5 oz bag of child arugula
- 2 mini cucumbers, sliced
- 1 pink bell pepper, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced or chopped
- ½ cup parmesan reggiano, grated
- Flaky sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- 1-2 Tablespoons balsamic glaze
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 Tablespoon additional virgin olive oil
Add arugula to a big salad bowl. Add cucumbers, bell pepper, parmesan and avocado on prime. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to style.
Drizzle lemon juice and olive oil over prime. Lastly, drizzle on balsamic glaze. Toss and serve.
Serving: 1/2 salad Energy: 383kcal Carbohydrates: 20g Protein: 5g Fats: 19g Saturated Fats: 3g Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g Monounsaturated Fats: 12g Sodium: 28mg Potassium: 949mg Fiber: 10g Sugar: 9g
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please go away a remark and star ranking on this put up and share on social media utilizing the hashtag #eatingbirdfood. I like seeing your recipe shares!
This put up could embrace affiliate hyperlinks. Thanks on your assist.