This banana almond butter smoothie is tremendous simple to whip up with solely 4 easy substances! It’s refreshing and assured to be successful with each youngsters and adults!
Summer time brings out the smoothie lover in me. I imply, I’m at all times a fan of smoothies however I’m much less prone to crave a chilly, refreshing smoothie in the midst of winter. Now that it’s blazing scorching exterior, I may go for a smoothie all day, every single day. And this banana almond butter smoothie is high on my listing!
I saved it tremendous easy with this banana almond butter smoothie. It’s made with simply 4 substances, three if you happen to don’t depend the ice and it’s actually scrumptious. This smoothie isn’t tremendous thick or heavy, but it surely nonetheless has some wholesome fats and protein so it makes for a filling snack, for each adults and children.
I’ve at all times liked the combo of banana and almond butter (particularly on toast), but it surely’s so wonderful in smoothie type too!
- almond milk – this serves because the liquid base of the smoothie. I went with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, which provides a contact of vanilla taste, however be happy to make use of your favourite kind of vegan milk.
- banana – this provides pure sweetness and creaminess to this smoothie. I choose to make use of a frozen banana, however you can even use a contemporary banana if you need. Only a be aware that your smoothie will probably be thinner if you happen to use a contemporary banana. In case you go together with a frozen banana right here’s my full information on learn how to freeze bananas.
- almond butter – provides a pleasant nutty taste in addition to wholesome fat and protein. It additionally helps make the smoothie extra filling.
- ice cubes – helps to realize a thick and refreshing smoothie.
The way to Make a Banana Almond Butter Smoothie
It doesn’t get a lot simpler than this. Add all substances to a high-powered blender and mix on excessive till easy. Pour into two glasses and revel in!
Customise Your Smoothie
- Swap the almond butter: When you have a nut allergy or don’t have almond butter available be happy to make use of any kind of nut or seed butter. Peanut butter, cashew butter, tahini or sunflower seed butter are all nice choices. Simply be aware, that utilizing a distinct nut butter will change the general taste of this smoothie.
- Swap the almond milk: Be happy to make use of your favourite dairy-free milk for this recipe. Oat milk, cashew milk and even coconut milk will all work nice.
- Chocolate: Flip this right into a chocolate banana smoothie by including a scoop of cocoa powder earlier than mixing.
- Add toppings: Increase the feel and dietary worth of your smoothie by including toppings. Some concepts embrace a sprinkle of cinnamon, granola, coconut flakes, nuts, seeds or contemporary fruit.
- Add protein: To make the smoothie extra protein-rich, you may add a scoop of your favourite protein powder or Greek yogurt.
- Add greens: Flip this right into a inexperienced smoothie by including a handful of spinach or kale for some additional vitamins.
- Use totally different fruit: Be happy to swap out or add in numerous fruits. Berries, mangos, peaches or pears may all be scrumptious alternate options or additions.
The way to Thicken Your Smoothie
There are such a lot of good methods to thicken this smoothie (and smoothies basically). Listed below are some concepts:
- Ice: Including extra ice will give your smoothie a thicker, frostier texture. However it additionally tends water down the flavour a bit so preserve this in thoughts.
- Frozen fruit: Utilizing a frozen banana as an alternative of a contemporary banana will lead to a creamier, thicker consistency.
- Frozen veggies: Imagine it or not, frozen cauliflower or zucchini could make your smoothie thicker with out affecting the style a lot. I really like including a little bit frozen cauliflower rice or steamed and frozen zucchini to my smoothies. You could possibly add 1/4 cup of both to this smoothie if you happen to’d like.
- Chia seeds: These tiny seeds develop when soaked in liquid, serving to to thicken your smoothie whereas including a dose of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids.
Extra Smoothie Recipes to Attempt
Be sure you take a look at the total assortment of smoothie recipes on EBF!
Serving: 1 smoothie | Energy: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 6g | Fats: 11g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Sodium: 226mg | Potassium: 706mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 15g
Vitamin info is mechanically calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.