This fennel and celery salad is loaded with medjool dates, almonds, recent parsley and shaved parmesan. It’s crunchy, candy, savory and really easy to whip up!
Sharing one other oldie that lately received an improve. This fennel and celery salad was first posted again in 2015… loopy to assume that was 8 years in the past!
This salad could be very completely different than many of the salads I share right here on EBF. There are not any leafy greens and the star components are celery and fennel. But it surely’s sooo good and is certainly top-of-the-line salads I’ve ever shared… severely, I can’t wait so that you can attempt it!
This fennel and celery salad is loaded with an enormous quantity of crunch-factor from the recent celery, uncooked fennel and roasted almonds. This crunchiness mixed with a light-weight and recent dressing, sweetness from the dates and a salty, savory taste from the parmesan is perfection.
The salad is supposed to serve 4 individuals, but I ate the entire thing in a matter of two days… on my own. Oops.
For those who’re new to fennel, it’s a flexible vegetable with a gentle licorice taste that gives quite a few well being advantages. Low in energy and excessive in fiber, it’s a superb selection for weight administration and digestion. Fennel can be a very good supply of nutritional vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, potassium, and manganese, and incorporates highly effective antioxidants resembling anethole, which has anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
- celery – celery gives a pleasant crunch and is wealthy in antioxidants, nutritional vitamins, and minerals, making it a wholesome addition to any salad. We’re simply utilizing the celery hearts on this recipe, that are the interior ribs of the celery, so you’ll be able to take away the outer ribs and celery leaves earlier than slicing. The interior ribs extra tender and fewer bitter than the outer celery stalks.
- fennel – with its refined licorice taste, fennel provides an fragrant contact to the salad whereas additionally contributing a wealth of vitamins like vitamin C, potassium and fiber. We’re simply utilizing the fennel bulb on this recipe, so ensure to trim your fennel earlier than slicing.
- medjool dates – this naturally candy and chewy fruit not solely add a contact of pure sweetness but additionally gives a very good supply of fiber and varied important minerals.
- uncooked almonds – almonds convey a satisfying crunch to the salad whereas additionally including wholesome fat, plant-based protein and important vitamins like vitamin E and magnesium. Be happy to swap the almonds with different nuts like walnuts, pecans or cashews.
- recent parsley – this herb offers the salad a burst of recent taste and coloration, whereas additionally containing helpful nutritional vitamins and antioxidants.
- lemon juice – as a substitute of a dressing, we’re drizzling this salad with recent lemon juice and olive oil. Make certain to make use of freshly squeezed lemon juice for one of the best taste!
- salt & black pepper – to convey all of the flavors collectively.
- crushed purple pepper – that is non-obligatory, however it provides a touch of spiciness to the salad.
- olive oil – a heart-healthy fats that provides a wealthy, clean style to the salad and likewise helps to soak up the fat-soluble vitamins from the greens.
- parmesan-reggiano – shaved parmesan cheese provides a salty, umami depth to the salad whereas additionally offering a supply of calcium and protein.
How one can Make
Roast almonds: Preheat oven to 350°F. Place almonds on a baking sheet and toast for about 8-10 minutes. Almonds will flip golden brown. Take away from oven and permit the almonds to chill earlier than coarsely chopping.
Slice: Utilizing a pointy knife thinly slice your celery and fennel. Professional tip: slice the celery hearts on a diagonal angle so that you get fairly slices!
Toss and serve: Add the celery, fennel, dates, almonds, lemon juice and parsley right into a medium-sized bowl. Add salt, pepper and crushed purple pepper. Drizzle on olive oil, add shaved parmesan and gently toss. Serve and revel in!
What to Serve With Fennel and Celery Salad
This salad is so nice due to how versatile it’s. You’ll be able to both add extra components to it for a hearty salad, eat it as is for one thing mild and refreshing or take pleasure in it as a facet dish along with your favourite meal.
- Add protein: maple turmeric rooster, tempeh bacon, air fryer chickpeas
- On the facet: balsamic glazed salmon, cauliflower grits with blackened shrimp, lentil loaf
- With a sandwich: autumn turkey sandwich, BBQ jackfruit sandwich, hearts of palm BBQ sandwich
- With soup: beef chili, brunswick stew, butternut squash soup, quinoa vegetable soup, vegetarian chili
How one can Retailer Leftovers
Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3-4 days. The salad might lose some crunchiness over time, so to retain one of the best texture, add almonds and parmesan simply earlier than serving.
Fashionable Salad Recipes to Attempt
Make sure to take a look at the complete assortment of salad recipes on EBF!
Serving: 1/4 of recipe | Energy: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 7g | Fats: 18g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 11g | Sodium: 500mg | Potassium: 572mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 14g
Vitamin info is robotically calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.