The ten-step Christian goal-setting course of with questions, prayers, and Bible verses I exploit to hunt God’s will in my weight reduction, enterprise, religion, & extra.
As a Christian lady who needs to reside a purposeful life, I attempt to be intentional about often setting targets.
**Ensure that to scroll to the underside of this submit in your printable Christian goal-setting worksheet!
Since my 100-pound weight reduction journey is what introduced most of you right here, I’ll use a weight reduction objective for instance on this submit, however I’ve used these identical questions, prayers, and Bible verses in writing:
- well being targets (losing a few pounds, working a 5k, strolling 10,000 steps often, consuming extra greens, consuming extra water, and so forth)
- enterprise targets (rising my viewers, growing earnings targets, sharpening my abilities, incomes new certifications, and so forth)
- monetary targets (paying off debt, budgeting, tithing, saving for particular issues, and so forth)
- private targets (sending birthday playing cards to household, meal planning, assembly pals often for espresso, internet hosting a women evening, and so forth)
- religion targets (having common quiet instances, memorizing Scripture, studying a morning devotional, becoming a member of my church’s prayer group, praying diligently for shut family and friends, and so forth)
This is similar course of I’ve used time and time once more to assist me preserve God on the middle of my targets as I regularly search His will for my life.
10 Questions To Christian Objective Setting
So, listed below are the ten questions I stroll myself by each time I set new targets.
I point out some Bible verses right here all through the questions, however I additionally use this bigger listing of 21 Bible verses on objective setting to assist me with this course of and I like to recommend you do, as nicely!
1. What’s God’s will for me on this space of my life?
This query is the cornerstone of each objective I set. Typically, I may not know the particular reply of what He wishes for me (does He need me to hitch this train program or attempt keto or intermittent fasting?), however I DO know His Phrase, His character, and His common wishes for my life and my coronary heart.
Once I was 100 kilos chubby, I used to be unhealthy, insecure, led by meals cravings, doubting my value, and so uncomfortable with my physique.
I do know that didn’t line up with God’s will for me.
Once I seemed into Scripture, I may confidently say that God willed me to be:
- self-controlled in my consuming (Galatians 5:22)
- assured in my value in Him (Jeremiah 17:7)
- honoring God with my physique (Romans 12:1)
Lord, I wish to serve You with my life. Assist me to see areas that I would like to alter to raised do exactly that. Present me methods to reside passionately and purposefully for You on this space of my life. Lead me to Bible verses that may information me towards the life and the character You could have for me. I wish to stroll in Your footsteps, staying within the security of Your shadow. Draw me nearer to You as I transfer ahead on this objective. Assist me to maintain my eyes fastened solely on You. Amen.
2. What are my strengths?
That is all the time the hardest query for me to reply on this course of! I can discuss my struggles all day lengthy, nevertheless it actually takes a while for me to have the ability to see my strengths!
Now, needless to say these are strengths particular to this space (like weight reduction), however ALSO simply common strengths that you’ve in life. It’s wonderful how God can overlap our strengths by utilizing the identical planning abilities we use in our enterprise to assist us achieve weight reduction!
100 kilos in the past, I wasn’t assured in these strengths in any respect, however they have been nonetheless current in my life!
I used to be good at:
- speaking to individuals in 1-on-1 settings
- researching and learning
- following short-term plans
Lord, it’s onerous for me to see the strengths You’ve given me generally, however I do know they’re there as a result of Your Phrase tells me that I’m fearfully and splendidly made (Psalm 139:14), a masterpiece You created to do good works (Ephesians 2:10). Present me these strengths in myself. Enable me to see myself by Your eyes.
3. How can I exploit these strengths right here?
Now, attempt to get somewhat inventive together with your reply right here. In fact, perhaps the apparent solutions are all you want, however attempt to determine a method to apply your strengths to this space of your life in new and artistic methods.
I found I may use my strengths above in all types of various methods on my weight reduction journey:
- speaking to individuals in 1-on-1 settings – I may join with a exercise buddy to assist me train extra constantly and a good friend to meal prep with (I discovered I used to be way more motivated by one other individual than simply myself!).
- researching and learning – I used to be actually good at discovering info on the web about completely different exercise plans, consuming plans, and fad diets to skip.
- praying – I had by no means prayed for my weight reduction journey earlier than. I knew that wanted to alter and I wanted to wish for, not solely weight reduction to remodel my physique, however Jesus to remodel my coronary heart as I realized to develop in confidence in Him and belief Him extra to solidify my value in God.
- following short-term plans – I used to be all the time setting targets that have been too massive and would lose motivation quick. I’m the grasp of following 30-day plans and whereas I knew I may by no means lose 100 kilos in 30 days, these 30 days have been a begin that would make me really feel profitable
Lord, I do know You need me to achieve this space. Present me inventive methods to make use of my strengths to honor You right here. Proceed to disclose new methods for me to glorify You with my God-given strengths. Amen.
4. The place am I struggling probably the most?
As vital as it’s to see the areas the place you may excel, it’s simply as vital to see your weaknesses. Not as a method to make you’re feeling ashamed or embarrassed, however to empower you to be proactive in the way you navigate these locations.
I may have written a LONG listing of struggles after I was 100 kilos chubby, however right here have been a number of of the most important areas:
- all the time giving in to meals cravings
- secret consuming in my bed room at evening
- not transferring/exercising a lot
Lord, it’s actually uncomfortable to speak about my weaknesses. I do know they’re there, nevertheless it feels discouraging to listing the entire methods I fall quick. Assist me to see these areas with recent eyes, not as areas the place I’m failing, however as causes to cling tightly to You, realizing You’ll present for all of my wants and fill in all of my gaps. Assist me to really feel assured, whilst I have a look at this listing, realizing that You might be nonetheless working all this stuff for my good. Amen.
5. What are the methods I can handle these weak areas?
Ignoring the areas the place we wrestle doesn’t do us any favors. It’s so vital to acknowledge them in order that we will brainstorm methods to navigate them.
It’s not a sin to fall wanting perfection! All of us do and I consider Christ can use these areas to attract us nearer to Him and present us His larger image of neighborhood and belief as we settle for our weaknesses.
Some concepts for potential methods to deal with your weak areas:
- Attain out for assist, assets, and accountability from pals, household, or somebody who is powerful in that space. It takes some humility, however I consider leaning on others in neighborhood is a part of God’s design. (Listed below are some nice methods to construct a assist system for those who’re attempting to drop pounds.)
- Perform some research. You’ll be able to google absolutely anything nowadays and get some nice options on sensible steps to sort out all types of areas of your life.
- Add extra construction. You possibly can arrange a rewards system, a monitoring chart, or add particular duties or reminders to your schedule to make you extra profitable.
- Memorize Scripture. In our struggles, it’s straightforward to get annoyed, discouraged, and lose hope. Memorizing Bible Verses is a robust method to preserve your ideas from drifting to the detrimental and regularly align them with God’s Phrase.
- Pray. Prayer is crucially vital in each space, however particularly in relation to our weaknesses. It’s a means that we will lean into Christ, acknowledging that we will’t do that alone and we desperately want Him.
Listed below are the weaknesses I listed within the earlier steps and a few methods I brainstormed that I can handle them.
At all times giving in to meals cravings.
- Use the three P’s each time a meals craving hits.
- Plan my meals a day forward of time.
- Give myself permission to eat sure wholesome meals when meals cravings hit (one of many first steps in how I conquered nighttime was telling myself to eat an apple as an alternative of Cheetos if I received hungry within the evenings).
- Memorize 1 Corinthians 10:13 and recite it throughout tempting moments.
Secret consuming in my bed room at evening.
- Acknowledge that secret consuming is not only a behavior concern – it’s a personality concern. I wish to be happy with my selections, not hiding, mendacity, and shameful about them.
- I’ll take away all meals from my bed room and never eat behind closed doorways.
- I’ll plan filling dinners with a wholesome night snack to forestall nighttime starvation.
Not transferring/exercising a lot.
- I’ll use an exercise tracker to see how a lot I’m presently transferring and set a practical every day step objective.
- I’ll use inventive methods to get extra steps into my day.
- Ask a good friend to verify in with me as soon as every week to carry me accountable for my step targets.
For those who want Christ-centered, grace-filled construction, assist, and accountability in your weight reduction, I can’t advocate our Devoted End Strains 2.0 program extremely sufficient.
Lord, give me boldness and energy to humbly search assist in my areas of weak spot – from You, my neighborhood, and no matter different assets I have to develop on this space. Give me knowledge and perception in my brainstorming as I attempt to give you inventive concepts to navigate these struggles and remind me that You didn’t design us to be excellent on objective. Assist me to do not forget that even my weaknesses have a objective. Amen.
6. The place have I seen probably the most outcomes/influence?
The reply to this query may provide you with extra steerage than you suppose!
Typically instances, we get so overwhelmed feeling like we’ve got to do all of the issues that we don’t actually zero in on the duties which can be really working!
Take the time to take a seat down and take into consideration what’s working greatest for you proper now. What has labored greatest for you previously? Are there ways in which you need to use those self same ideas and kick them up a notch?
In my weight reduction journey, whereas I actually stunk at excessive, sudden adjustments to my weight loss plan and train, I used to be particularly good at:
This was a very vital factor for me to comprehend as a result of I had regularly advised myself that these two issues weren’t sufficient.
Let me simply inform you that these two bullets proper there have been the rationale I used to be capable of lose 100 kilos and preserve it off. The reply wasn’t doing extra or discovering an elusive miracle resolution.
It was merely persevering with to do what I used to be already doing, steadily and constantly.
You simply may need already discovered the important thing to your success. You simply want extra time and extra observe to get the large outcomes you’re ready for.
Lord, open my eyes and present me the issues I’m already doing which can be working nicely for me. Assist me battle towards these emotions that wish to reduce them and make them appear not adequate. Present me their worth and the way I can greatest use them to assist me succeed. Give me endurance and perseverance as I put money into this stuff and await the outcomes to comply with. Amen.
7. What am I doing that isn’t yielding any outcomes?
This query is simply as impactful because the final as a result of it lets you do away with these further issues that have been overwhelming you and never supplying you with outcomes.
What are the issues taking probably the most of your time and vitality that aren’t supplying you with a lot (or any) return in your funding?
Acknowledge these issues and do away with them! This can be a stunning method to simplify and sharpen your focus, working smarter and never more durable to perform your targets.
In my weight reduction journey, these issues have been:
- quick-fix merchandise (like ab belts, weight reduction capsules, shakes, and so forth)
- excessive diets (Atkins, keto, and so forth)
- excessive exercise plans (going from sofa potato to intense, lengthy exercises by no means caught and made me really feel like a failure)
As soon as I noticed this, it saved me a lot money and time! It modified the best way I picked my 30-day plans and it launched me from the unrealistic expectation that my weight loss plan needed to be excellent to be wholesome. I began feeling happy with the small adjustments I used to be making and will see my every day victories as an alternative of simply continuously feeling defeated that I wasn’t doing sufficient.
Lord, present me the issues in my life which can be losing my time, vitality, and cash. Give me the knowledge and energy to allow them to go and refocus on the issues that might be simplest, serving You greatest with my time, strengths, and abilities. Thank You for by no means anticipating perfection from me. Amen.
8. What are my prime 3 priorities right here?
As I’ve already talked about, it’s straightforward to really feel utterly overwhelmed by the entire issues we really feel like we have to do to achieve our massive targets. After which, we find yourself getting paralyzed by the overwhelm and by no means taking any steps in any respect!
This query is all about zeroing in on what are the primary issues I’m going to give attention to proper now.
Typically meaning breaking your massive targets into smaller chunks.
Don’t fear about what your prime priorities is perhaps 6 months from now or in 5 years. These issues will are available time as you re-evaluate your targets.
For now, slender it down to only your prime 3 priorities.
In my weight reduction journey, I needed to:
- Lose 25 extra kilos (that didn’t get me to my objective weight, nevertheless it was a extra reasonable stepping stone).
- Get extra energetic.
- Conquer my meals cravings.
Lord, give me knowledge in narrowing down my prime priorities right here. I would like these 3 issues to honor and glorify You, however assist me to not get so caught on selecting the proper 3 that I cease making progress. You understand my coronary heart to serve You right here. I would like my life to replicate the issues which can be most vital to me and You might be on the middle of all of it. Let these priorities replicate that, as nicely. Amen.
9. What are my motion steps to attain every of these priorities?
That is the place I exploit SMART targets. It’s one factor to brainstorm common concepts of stuff you wish to accomplish.
It’s fairly one other to put out intentional motion steps that may take you from the place you might be proper now (not simply the place you want you have been) to the place you wish to be.
For every of your 3 prime priorities, take the time to create a objective that’s:
Ensure that to make use of the SMART targets submit for those who’re uncertain of how to try this. I gained’t embrace a particular instance right here since I included a number of examples in that submit of SMART targets for weight reduction!
Lord, present me methods to lay out my targets in a means that makes them achievable. Assist me to be intentional about my motion steps, making them reasonable for me. Don’t let me slip into the comparability entice alongside the best way, measuring my very own targets towards what others are reaching. Maintain my eyes fastened on You and on the trail You could have laid out for me and me alone, giving me energy, stamina, and perseverance to decide on to maintain going, even when it will get uncomfortable. Amen.
10. What are my subsequent steps to reaching these targets?
Now you’ve gotten an exquisite motion plan laid out! The subsequent step is selecting precisely the place to start.
What step is your first step? When are you going to do it?
Make the choice. Write it in your calendar. Be sure to do what it takes to take your plan from good intentions to motion!
This query is all about zeroing in on simply your first step so precisely the place to start out.
Typically instances, that is probably the most tough step of all! It may be intimidating, scary, and it’s straightforward to develop a concern of failure if you’ve procrastinated one thing lengthy sufficient!
For years, I used to be the one who would purchase the beautiful planner and pens, lay out stunning targets,….and by no means really comply with by with them.
However, take step one. You are able to do this, one step at a time.
In case your objective is weight reduction, attempt our free 7 Day Soar Begin Your Weight Loss Problem! You’ve received nothing to lose.
Lord, give me the energy, not simply to make all of those plans, however to truly take step one. Assist me to truly put all of my good intentions into motion. Present me, one step at a time, methods to serve You powerfully and purposefully by these targets. I crave to listen to you say, “Nicely performed, good and trustworthy servant!” Amen.
Printable Christian Objective-Setting Worksheet
Pin This Publish For Later