With that mentioned, we’re happy to introduce you to this espresso skillet monkey bread recipe by Kiley O’Donnell, aka @wellmadebykiley, who focuses on whipping up health-focused desserts. Hold studying to see why this monkey bread will get our stamp of approval earlier than discovering learn how to make it your self.
Why we love this espresso skillet monkey bread recipe
Cinnamon. Glazed. Dessert for breakfast. We’re tempted to go away the advantages of this recipe with these few phrases solely. Nevertheless, we’re working within the wellness world in any case, so let’s take a fast gander at how and why this monkey bread checks out from a dietary standpoint.
To begin, this monkey bread recipe packs protein, carbs, and fats, making it a balanced but nonetheless candy deal with for breakfast. So far as the primary macro goes, Greek yogurt is the star of the present. In keeping with the USDA, eight ounces of normal Greek yogurt (which this recipe requires) can provide as much as 23 grams of protein—to not point out satiating wholesome fat and carbs, in addition to gut-friendly probiotics—relying on the variability you select. Whereas ensuring you get ample protein all through the day is essential, specialists routinely recommend loading up on it for breakfast specifically. As Erin Palinski-Wade, RD, CDE beforehand advised Properly+Good, “Beginning off your day with a protein-rich breakfast might have the largest affect, since it might probably assist to stabilize blood sugar ranges all day lengthy—that means extra constant power.”
From there, just a few different elements of notice are:
Final however not least, for the maple espresso glaze, O’Donnell suggests utilizing Oat Haus Espresso Granola Butter. It not solely mimics the flavour of an oat milk latte, but in addition presents dietary perks. Her recipe requires 1 / 4 cup of the vegan, gluten-free granola butter, which provides 4 grams of protein and fiber to the combo. Should you don’t have this particular possibility available, don’t fret; merely sub in two tablespoons of freshly brewed, antioxidant-rich espresso to spherical out the flavour profile, delight your style buds, and revel in a small kick of caffeine.
Alas, right here’s learn how to inch nearer to your personal slice (or two) of heaven within the type of coffee-flavored monkey bread.
Protein-packed espresso skillet monkey bread recipe
1 cup flour
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
1/4 cup coconut sugar or granulated sugar
2-3 tsp cinnamon
Maple Espresso Glaze:
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup cup maple syrup
1/4 cup Oat Haus Espresso Granola Butter or 2 tbsp contemporary brewed espresso
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Topping:
4 oz cream cheese
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter a medium skillet or baking dish; put aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, Greek yogurt, and baking soda. Combine collectively till a dough kinds (you could want to make use of your palms to completely incorporate).
3. In a separate small bowl, combine collectively the coconut sugar and cinnamon for the cinnamon sugar coating.
4. Scoop the dough out (about two tablespoons per ball) and use your palms to roll right into a spherical form. Roll across the ball within the cinnamon sugar coating, ensuring to utterly cowl the floor. Repeat till the dough is gone.
5. Place the dough balls into the ready skillet or baking dish.
6. In a small bowl, whisk collectively the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and granola butter. Drizzle the maple espresso glaze combination over the dough balls within the skillet or baking dish. Bake for 20-22 minutes.
7. Whereas baking, beat collectively the elements for the cinnamon cream cheese topping.
8. Take away the monkey bread from the oven, enable to chill for 10 minutes, after which prime with the cream cheese topping. Get pleasure from!