Name a greater technique to begin your day than with a slice of luscious maple pecan yogurt bread that packs as a lot protein as two eggs. We’ll wait.
Whereas we just lately realized that consuming two eggs—crammed with roughly 13 grams of protein—received’t absolutely fulfill your breakfast protein wants (which is about 25-30 grams) alone, pairing them with one other high-protein breakfast merchandise will certainly do the trick. Say, a steamy scorching cup of peanut butter espresso with 16 grams of protein or a slice of ?
This candy and nutty bread recipe made with substances like maple, pecan, and creamy yogurt is the epitome of cozy vibes—and it is the right motivation to leap away from bed as a substitute of urgent Snooze six occasions. That being stated, there’s actually no have to restrict ourselves to consuming this scrumptious baked good solely as soon as a day—it additionally makes for the right noon snack to pair with a cup of mood-boosting inexperienced tea.
Why this maple pecan yogurt bread is one in all our favourite protein-packed breakfasts
We will thank substances like pecans, eggs, and, most significantly, yogurt for making this straightforward maple pecan yogurt bread recipe by Erin Lives Entire a protein jackpot. Within the recipe, she makes use of Stonyfield Natural Vanilla Yogurt, which has about 5 grams of protein per three-quarters of a cup. To reap probably the most advantages of this high-protein dairy product, Erin consists of it in each the batter of the bread and the two-ingredient glaze that coats this lovely loaf.
In the meantime, for some added crunch and nuttiness, Erin makes use of pecans that are full of B nutritional vitamins, folic acid, zinc, potassium, magnesium, and nutritional vitamins A and E. (BTW, the excessive quantity of zinc in pecans helps help a wholesome immune system and fights irritation, because it’s a robust antioxidant that combats free-radical injury within the physique.)
And like most baked items, this straightforward recipe requires eggs as a binding ingredient that doubles as an excellent supply of vitamins. The eggs, one other key ingredient on this recipe, are additionally loaded with quite a few well being advantages, which is why some dietitians have dubbed them “nature’s multivitamin.” For starters, eggs are a whole supply of protein (that means that they comprise all important amino acids), they’re excessive in choline which is important for mind and nervous system well being, and so they’re excessive in antioxidants (like vitamin A).
Able to indulge on this candy deal with? We positive are.
Maple pecan yogurt bread recipe
Yields 8 servings
2 cups white whole-wheat flour
1 Tsp baking powder
1/2 Tsp baking soda
1/2 Tsp salt
1 Tsp cinnamon
1 cup Stonyfield Natural Vanilla Yogurt
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 Tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans
2 Tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup Stonyfield Natural Vanilla Yogurt
1 Tbsp powdered sugar
1 Tbsp water
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9 x 4 loaf pan.
2. In a bowl, combine collectively flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Put aside.
3. In a big bowl, whisk two eggs. Combine in yogurt, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Whisk until mixed.
4. Slowly add dry substances to moist, mixing till all are integrated. Then stir in chopped pecans.
5. Put together the swirl combination by mixing collectively cinnamon and sugar.
6. Pour half of the batter into the loaf pan, then sprinkle with half of the cinnamon sugar combination. Pour the remaining batter on prime after which prime with the remainder of the cinnamon sugar combination.
7. Bake for 45-50 minutes or till a toothpick comes out clear.
8. Whereas cooling, combine collectively the glaze substances. As soon as the bread is totally cooled, cowl it in glaze and optionally prime it with extra pecans.
This lemon chia loaf is full of gut-healthy advantages: