This excessive protein path combine is full of nuts, seeds, edamame, dried fruit and chocolate chips. It’s the proper protein-packed snack to maintain readily available at any time when these starvation cravings strike!
I really like selfmade path combine! It’s by far considered one of my favourite snacks that we all the time have readily available. It’s really easy to make, utterly customizable and it packs in a great quantity of vitamins in a small portion.
Path mixes are often protein-packed and have a couple of kinds of nuts and seeds, however for this high-protein path combine recipe I actually needed to amp up the protein so I included 4 completely different kinds of nuts and seeds and dry roasted edamame.
In the event you’re in search of a fast and simple snack recipe that can hold you full and happy this path combine is for you!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s the proper on-the-go or post-workout snack.
- Filled with 7 grams of protein per serving.
- Made with 7 easy, real-food components.
- Gluten-free + vegan.
- Cheaper than store-bought path combine.
- dried cranberries – provides a burst of sweetness and a chewy texture to the combo. They’re additionally a great supply of antioxidants. I like to recommend grabbing dried cranberries which can be fruit juice sweetened like these Made in Nature dried cranberries. Dried cherries or raisins are each good substitutes.
- dry roasted edamame – a great supply of plant-based protein, fiber and nutritional vitamins. Edamame additionally provides a crunchy texture to the combo. I like Seapoint Farms dry roasted edamame.
- uncooked almonds – a superb supply of wholesome unsaturated fat, protein and fiber. I went with uncooked almonds for this recipe, however be happy to make use of roasted almonds if that’s what you might have readily available.
- roasted cashews and roasted peanuts – provides taste and extra protein! Be at liberty to make use of uncooked nuts should you favor!
- roasted sunflower seeds – for one more increase of plant-based protein. Uncooked sunflower seeds will work as properly.
- chocolate chips – a heart-healthy addition that’s wealthy in antioxidants and flavonoids! It additionally provides a pleasant sweetness that balances out the savory flavors. My favourite chocolate chips are the Take pleasure in Life darkish chocolate chips and Lily’s darkish chocolate chips for a low-sugar choice.
It may possibly’t get any simpler than this! Simply combine all of your components collectively in a big bowl and serve. Retailer in a sealed jar or reusable storage bag for as much as 7-10 days.
Different Methods to Add Protein
- Pepitas: Often known as pumpkin seeds pepitas are a great supply of plant-based protein, wholesome unsaturated fat and fiber.
- Chia seeds and/or hemp seeds: Each of those little seeds are glorious sources of plant-based protein and fiber.
- Dried lentils: Dried lentils could sound bizarre so as to add to a path combine, however they’re an awesome supply of protein that will add an fascinating new dimension to the combo. Seapoint Farms mighty lil’ lentils can be an awesome choice.
- Dried peas: Dried peas have a light, barely candy taste and a crunchy texture that will pair properly with the remainder of the components on this combine.
- Dried chickpeas: One other favourite high-protein snack of mine that will make for an awesome addition to this path combine. I really like making my air fryer chickpeas or for a store-bought model I like Biena chickpea snacks.
- Beef jerky: In the event you don’t want this path combine to be plant-based including beef jerky is a good way to amp up the protein depend. My favourite model is CHOMPS grass fed beef jerky.
I like to recommend storing path combine in glass jars with a lid (huge mouth mason jars work nice) or reusable storage baggage like Stasher baggage. It’ll hold at room temperature for as much as 1 week, as much as a month within the fridge and as much as 3 months within the freezer.
Extra Path Combine Recipes
In style Protein Snacks
Serving: 1/6 recipe | Energy: 181kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 7g | Fats: 11g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 68mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g
Vitamin data is routinely calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.